My 21" Sony Trinitron has died!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 21" Sony Trinitron has died!

My set (Sony KV-X2162U) had been absolutely fine until yesterday, when I was playing some GC and the picture kept going fuzzy. Today, it won't turn on - the power buttons light up, and I can hear something working inside, but the screen remains off. I reckon it's probably just packed it in completely from being old, but just wanna check there isn't a some kind of simple, easy solution to this?

And if not, please do recommend me some other CRT sets to look out for in eBay auctions... bah.

Sounds like she's had it. Possibly flyback transformer failure, replacing it wouldn't be impossible but you're probably better off finding another set.

Comment

Another classic CRT goes to retro heaven. R.I.P.

My brother had a Sony 21" CRT that was made around 2001, so it's probably best to go for a model made during that period, as your model was at least 20 years old. The more modern Trinitron screens usually came in silver, rather than the black of '90s models. So if you don't mind silver, it might be worth looking out for one of those. It also had a totally flat screen.

Comment

*pours out some 40oz on the curb*

Comment

Originally posted by danstan21 View Post

And if not, please do recommend me some other CRT sets to look out for in eBay auctions... bah.
          Get looking for a 20" broadcast monitor. Sony BVM / PVM, JVC and Ikegami models are out there with great image quality. Or if you can find one a 20" Loewe TV with the E3000 or E3001 chassis.

Comment

Working...
          X