Best RGB cable for PAL Gamecube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best RGB cable for PAL Gamecube?

I'm in need of getting a new cable for my PAL Gamecube as they're are funny lines on some of my games (like Winning Eleven 6) , and nasty blurry bits aswell.

I'm not really too keen on parting with 20 notes for the Official Nintendo cable , so I was wondering whether anybody has any reccomendations maybe? (I have done a search to check for a topic like this but I can't seem to find one)

So , any help will be very good help . Thankksssss!

It's probably not what you wanted to hear, but of the cables I've tried, the official one really is the best by a long way. I thought it was definitely worth the ?20.

Comment

Saurian's Fiddle Good Factory may still be churning them out. Could be worth asking T3H KR@ZY BR3R.

Comment

if he doesn't want to pay ?20 would he be paying ?35+?

The GAME one seemed to give a good picture when I saw it running on a m8s TV the colours were vibrant and there was no dotcrawl present. Thats ?9.99 if it's more to ya budget.

Comment

Venom's RGB cable gives the same quality output as the official one - they used to be ?5, not sure how much now......

?7.99

Still not bad tho

Comment

I was under the impression that the only PAL RGB lead to work properly was the official Ninetendo one, due to some last minute alteration they made to the cube and its RGB output. Might be worth just going for the official one?

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHammer
              I was under the impression that the only PAL RGB lead to work properly was the official Ninetendo one, due to some last minute alteration they made to the cube and its RGB output. Might be worth just going for the official one?
              That may have been the case on day one, but now the 3rd parties have caught up!

Comment

Thats not true at all, it's garbage fed to people to make them buy official cables.

Comment

I had heard that a JAP/US cube with a modded RGB cable gives a better quality of picture than a PAL cube using a official PAL cable - is this rubbish?

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase
                    I had heard that a JAP/US cube with a modded RGB cable gives a better quality of picture than a PAL cube using a official PAL cable - is this rubbish?
                    It does give a better image from what I've tried but it's hardly worth it (it's minimal)

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian

Thats not true at all, it's garbage fed to people to make them buy official cables.
                      It's not at all garbage. It was the case, until the unofficial cables were altered, of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Naiera
                        Originally posted by Saurian

It's not at all garbage. It was the case, until the unofficial cables were altered, of course.
                        Did I say it wasnt?

The argument does not apply now was what I was saying, what's the point in overcomplicating everything for the brer? There are cheap cables available now I have linked to one of them, problem solved.

The revision of the PAL console was the removal of S Video and the inclusion of RGB output. As far as I know the RGB pinouts are the same as on the RGB supporting SNES or modded N64, not sure how these cables have had to be revised - could be as simple as adding/removing caps.

Comment

I got one from Logic3 which, as far as I'm concerned, works fine.

Looks kinda the same as the Venom one if you ask me...

Comment

Working...
                          X