panasonic q strangeness!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panasonic q strangeness!

Happily bought a Panny Q from Budge on here and all is well, got a gc component cable so everything great.

My cousin came round over Christmas and was so impressed he asked if I could source him one.

It arrived today (got hit at customs ) and I've booted it up using my cables as this was quicker and it obviously came with a Japanese plug.

Weirdly there is no picture! Power- yes Sound- yes but no image displayed.

How can this be?- I'm using the same cables that work on mine!

faulty internal av port? (video) on the Q? dry solder joint?

Comment

Have you tried using other cables?
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Back at work now, but will try other cables, I can have a look at what it came with in the box.

Comment

Came with what looks like s-video cable- don't think my tv has an input for that

Found an old red,white yellow cable (composite) and that creates a picture.
          Last edited by punio75; 11-01-2016, 19:05.

Comment

Still No joy- what are my other connection options?

Comment

Composite or s-vhs.

Comment

Mmm- bit of a bummer.
                I'll ask my cousin what he thinks- will be a hassle to send back to be honest.
                I think he was impressed with my picture though- so composite may not be an option.

Any point in looking in to getting it fixed? Certainly not my forte!

Comment

What you're describing is beyond strange. Aside from busting it open and checking nothing has gone rotten on the AV port or whatever I can't really think of anything!

Comment

Yeah, weird!

I would try another component cable but
                    a) why would one work and not another?
                    b) they are so hard to track down

Keep thinking have i missed something simple like any display settings but my Q I never had to do anything- just plug and play!

Comment

Wondering if yours might have a chip or something that might affect output? Drawing blanks here though - your assumption that another component cable doesn't make sense I agree with too.

Comment

Mmm, well I've had another look.
                        Seems the only difference between the two is that this new one has a switch on the bottom.

This must be to switch between regions instead of holding down the power button.
                        Maybe this had an impact?????

Comment

Working...
                        X