CMVS video too bright

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMVS video too bright

The video on my new CMVS is really bright and the colours are washed out. I spoke to the guy that built it and he says that it was fine on his Beovision, but on my Sony Trinitron and my XRGB the light colours are far too bright. Does anyone have any ideas what might be the issue?

I've tried to get an image of the issue, the camera has changed the picture as it is much bright in person, however you can sort of see that it's washed out. I ran Metal Slug 2 on my CDZ and the picture on that is perfect, so i know it's not the brightness and contrast on the TV itself.

Last edited by Jamie; 18-02-2016, 12:26.

One of my consoles was doing this so out of desperation I reset my TV to factory settings for everything and it fixed the problem. A bit of a hail mary though. Is the XRGB on latest firmware?

Comment

I use the CRT TV for all my other consoles as well, SFC, MD, PS2, NG CDZ etc all though the same switch and those are fine The XRGB Mini is on the latest version, the picture isn't as bad through that but it is still washed out.

Comment

When i get home i'll put a picture of the same game though the same cable but on my CDZ, it's night and day.

Comment

Probably needs some resistors on the RGB lines. 220ohm or so.

Comment

I think you're right mate, any idea why it would work ok on a B&O TV though and not my TVs? Would these need to be added to the motherboard itself, or could it be something that added to the scart cable?

Comment

I think either would work. As for the seller saying what he did, that seems sketchy to me.

Comment

Working...
              X