Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any iCloud experts here? (Keynote problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any iCloud experts here? (Keynote problem)

Recently I bought a new iPhone, and migrated everything across to it via iCloud.

So far, as far as I can tell, everything survived the move, apart from my music (which I specifically didn't copy over).

So tonight I open Keynote, and my presentations aren't there that were stored on my old phone.

However, if I open settings > icloud > storage and tap the Keynote icon, I can see that all three files are on the iCloud server filling up 75mb.

But when I open Keynote and try to use the iCloud option, Apple want me to upgrade to a paid version of iCloud (it says I need to upgrade to "icloud drive").

Has Apple seriously allowed me to upload my docs to their servers, knowing that I'm going to have to pay to get them back!?!

Where are you getting that iCloud option in keynote? It has never been something I have had to turn on. Have you gone to settings, Keynote and then turn iCloud on there?

Comment

iCloud Drive is free. Just switch it on on your iPhone.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        iCloud Drive is free. Just switch it on on your iPhone.
        iCloud Drive is free but I'm pretty sure you have to pay for additional storage, no?

Comment

You do but that's not specific to Keynote. And if Asura's files are successfully on iCloud, it means he has the storage. Keynote is just having a problem accessing them.

Comment

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] Did you get this sorted?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
              @Asura Did you get this sorted?
              I did, but only because I had an email backup.

Comment

Sort of related, but I had a recent irk about iCloud not working for an app on iOS9, which worked fine on iOS8 (multiple devices all running the same app but with different OS versions).

This thread made me think to try upgrading the three with problems to iCloud Drive. I did, and now they can sync. No logical reason for it, I assume iOS9 just secretly mandates the use of the newer service. In which case the upgrade should be done automatically with the iOS. The app certainly didn't give me any meaningful error message, and I still haven't had a reply to the email I sent to support.

Comment

Working...
                X