Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do people import stuff these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do people import stuff these days?

I've been thinking of ordering a White-and-Lime PSVita, but they only came out in Japan.

Where do people order import stuff these days? Just Play-Asia and eBay?

Alternatively are there any Japan forum users who could just pick one up for me?

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    I've been thinking of ordering a White-and-Lime PSVita, but they only came out in Japan.

Where do people order import stuff these days? Just Play-Asia and eBay?

Alternatively are there any Japan forum users who could just pick one up for me?
    I was just going to ask this question myself, I fancy a Limited Edition SF V PS4 but at over ?400 I would get spanked by customs.

Comment

Yes, I STILL miss Lik-Sang.

Comment

I like Nin-Nin myself when I do ever import anything.
        I think it comes via France from Japan so I've never been whacked for customs charges either.

Comment

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
          I like Nin-Nin myself when I do ever import anything.
          I think it comes via France from Japan so I've never been whacked for customs charges either.
          Affiliate link?

Comment

I don't think they do an affiliate program

Comment

Nowdays i pretty much exclusively use Amazon Japan paired up with Tenso as it means i can buy anything i want from Amazon (barring fresh foods or explosives hehe) and i pay regular retail cost not that massively jacked up importer playasia premium. Also have access to the marketplace sellers too so there's even more scope on the stuff you can get hold of that regular importers just don't stock like certain accessories or merchandise.

Plus unlike Nin nin/PA, Amazons customer service isn't pure garbage.

Comment

Nin-Nin seems too good to be true... I can buy a PS4 SFV Limited Edition for ?276 and chose Amazon shipping so I don't pay any Import Duty where is my credit card.. oh thats right I don't have one for that reason

So nin-nin are legit??

Comment

Originally posted by chojin View Post
                  Nin-Nin seems too good to be true... I can buy a PS4 SFV Limited Edition for ?276 and chose Amazon shipping so I don't pay any Import Duty where is my credit card.. oh thats right I don't have one for that reason

So nin-nin are legit??
                  Decide for yourself
                  Friendly Import video game discussion forum, informative reviews, NTSC (Japan / US) and PAL - BordersDown (previously known as NTSC-uk)

Personally i wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot bargepole but others swear by them, be prepared for nonexistant customer service.

Comment

?72 shipping for a PS4 but they guarantee NO CUSTOMS... think i'll just save my pennies and a shed load of ear ache off the wife

Comment

I feel ripped off paying ?24 for SFV, let alone 10 times that!

Comment

?72 shipping for a PS4 but they guarantee NO CUSTOMS... think i'll just save my pennies and a shed load of ear ache off the wife
                        I buy regularly from them and never had a problem, and never ever paid customs with EMS on the Dark Souls 2 Collector's (as big and heavy as a PS4). No customs guaranteed are with Amazon France as an intermediary, never tried that shipping method.

Comment

I also buy from them regularly and have no problem continuing to do so. If you want to know exactly what you're paying - all in - at the point of purchase, the Amazon FR option is very good.

Comment

That's it it ever turns up. Nin Nin are a bloody nightmare.

Comment

So the only options are eBay, Nin-Nin, Play-Asia and the new Amazon JP service?

Shame. I'm not sure where I'm going to get my White-and-Lime Vita - it seems uniformally ?150 no matter where you look.

Comment

Working...
                              X