Will a Saturn run through this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will a Saturn run through this?

I'm not after whether it'll look particularly good - it's a stop-gap measure whilst I live somwhere where I can't have a proper TV. I've seen one of these in action and it'll do the job for the room it's going to be in.

It takes analog video in the form of the three-phono inputs (red/yellow/white) - I always mix these things up but isn't that "S-VHS"?

Anyone know if the Saturn has a corresponding cable?

It looks like it takes AV via a breakout cable (the yellow, red and white), so yes technically it's quite simple to connect a Saturn.

You would just need this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sega-Saturn-.../dp/B005C3NUY8

Comment

It will look like garbage, but you don't care so that is fine. Yes there is a composite cable available for the Saturn.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
        It will look like garbage, but you don't care so that is fine. Yes there is a composite cable available for the Saturn.
        Cool. I'm really just after something minimally playable. It's mainly for watching Netflix/Crunchyroll through, as after three weeks I've grown sick of watching everything on a tablet!

Comment

Ordered! I went for a slightly different model in the finish (there are dozens of similar ones around that pricepoint), because it had the best overall writeup and review.

Comment

For the record, I went for this one:

I'll mention how it works out once I've got it set up.

Comment

It arrived today, and caused a bit of a stir at work as people wanted to see it once they knew what it was.

Got it set up on one of the desks, and we were pleasantly surprised; it works pretty well. Obviously it's not the brightest projector in the world, but even under our office lights, text etc. was legible on the wall onto which we projected it. It should work well in a dark room when I try that later. We turned the lights out at our end of the room and put on a YouTube video and it was quite watchable (even though we have big windows and it's during the day).

I'll try and provide photos, but obviously they don't really help much because they'll look better based on the exposure length etc.

Comment

Works pretty well!

Comment

Doesn't look too bad for what it is, picture looks big.

Comment

Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                    Doesn't look too bad for what it is, picture looks big.
                    It really was great fun to watch Netflix through last night. The picture's wider than a double bed foot-board (as you can just see in the photo).

Main thing I'd say is that this would be perfect for a child's bedroom, and you could easily run most devices through it.

I'll hook up the PS2 over the weekend. The only problem with it was that whilst the projector has a speaker, it's very small and shrieking (it's painful at higher volumes) and my laptop is too quiet - so I'll need to get a 2.0 speaker set to get the best out of it (or use headphones).

Comment

Working...
                    X