No announcement yet.

Best option for MAME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There has been an update after the version I use so perhaps that fixes it. The speed increase would be minimal though.
    3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I would just want something impractically small like this:

Comment

I have a few arcade setups.

Ouya, Mame4Droid. Really great. Can easily fit in carry on luggage when I head home. Use a Qanba Obsidian stick for controls. Also use a modded Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick for the Wii.

JTAG 360. Mame and FBL. Also really great. Use a Razer Atrox stick for controls. Also use a Qanba Q4RAF via Brook adapter.

Modded original Xbox. Mame, Coinops and FBL. Probably my favourite. Use a modded XArcade tankstick for controls. Good stick once you replace everything except the box. Also use a modded Sega Saturn virtua stick via an adapter.

These are are good enough for me. I’m actually in the process of selling my Sega Blast City as a result.
        Last edited by Jaz; 06-04-2018, 03:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
          I have a few arcade setups.

Ouya, Mame4Droid. Really great. Can easily fit in carry on luggage when I head home. Use a Qanba Obsidian stick for controls. Also use a modded Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick for the Wii.

JTAG 360. Mame and FBL. Also really great. Use a Razer Atrox stick for controls. Also use a Qanba Q4RAF via Brook adapter.

Modded original Xbox. Mame, Coinops and FBL. Probably my favourite. Use a modded XArcade tankstick for controls. Good stick once you replace everything except the box. Also use a modded Sega Saturn virtua stick via an adapter.

These are are good enough for me. I’m actually in the process of selling my Sega Blast City as a result.
          Could you speak on the modded 360 please bud and how its emulation compares to the OG Xbox for you? CoinOps is so well done on the OG that anything else seems like a step backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
            Could you speak on the modded 360 please bud and how its emulation compares to the OG Xbox for you? CoinOps is so well done on the OG that anything else seems like a step backwards.
            The 360 is better than Coinops, but then Final Burn Legends on the OG Xbox is better aswell. I only use Coinops for the rotary games as they have all been hacked to work as twin stick shooters or shoot-constantly-in-the-direction-you-are-facing.

You can watch the 360 emus here, presented by the man who coded them:

Ever owned or considered picking up a modded Xbox 360 ? In this video i revisit the console, talk about the history of modding, show you emulators and homeb...

Comment

Jaz, i have my Live profile on a usb stick, so can swap it between my rgh and Live console. When i used SNES EMU on my rgh it gave out achievements, that when shown up on the profile i believe will lead to a ban, as not official.

Is MAME the same?

I suppose i may aswell just use another profile for Mame, no need to use my Live one - answered my own question there.
              Last edited by Pavey; 07-04-2018, 06:52.

Comment

[MENTION=7878]replicashooter[/MENTION]

I was reading this thread last night so will install them today and hopefully all is good. Thought it might be of interest:

For those of you who didnt know about these already, Swizzy and MaesterRowen spent a decent amount of time fixing these, and getting them to work with aurora and I thought they should get a release thread. So Here it is. All of these are Retroarch cores that have been available for a while, but t...

Comment

Nice one @Pavey, look forward to your impressions as I'm tempted to get my 360 modded.

Have you installed that modded BC loader as its supposed to improve compatibility and performance of OG Xbox titles and I'm wondering how Outrun 2 works now.

*edit* found the files:

About : This is the latest xbox emulator from 2011. Almost all Xbox 1 games work now with your RGH or JTAG console. !!! For RGH and JTAG only !!!...

and a tut:
                  Last edited by replicashooter; 07-04-2018, 16:34.

Comment

Originally posted by replicashooter View Post
                    Nice one @Pavey, look forward to your impressions as I'm tempted to get my 360 modded.

Have you installed that modded BC loader as its supposed to improve compatibility and performance of OG Xbox titles and I'm wondering how Outrun 2 works now.

*edit* found the files:

About : This is the latest xbox emulator from 2011. Almost all Xbox 1 games work now with your RGH or JTAG console. !!! For RGH and JTAG only !!!...

and a tut:
                    https://youtu.be/Da_ont-2AG0?t=720
                    One of the Outrun 2 versions works and one doesn't. I put it on the OG Xbox. Think Coast to Coast doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                      One of the Outrun 2 versions works and one doesn't. I put it on the OG Xbox. Think Coast to Coast doesn't work.
                      C2C works fairly well, the emulation is decent but its not as smooth as it was on the OG. Outrun2 on the other hand is pretty much a mess with a fair few glitches and uber crappy framerate.

I was hoping that modded loader improved things as its supposed to have a front end that allows you to tweak certain options and whatnot and if that is the case then I'd mod my 360 with a quickness.

Comment

Originally posted by dyer60 View Post
                        Ordered all the required the bits and bobs along with the Pi yesterday.

Looking into the SD card and whats needed it is a lot easier than I expected, I will update from a complete novice perspective how it goes.

Thanks for all the help so far.
                        Right I am up and running!

I have to say first impressions are fantastic. Popped the Pi in a case attached the RGB-Pi lead, downloaded the OS and then flashed it to an SD card and away I went.

From a novice perspective it really is easy. I have had a play on the free homebrew titles and they work really well (and look great, even via my Sony CRT Triniton TV).

Now I need to add the MAME roms, any help on how to do this? I read your method @dvdx2 but is there a way of doing this without using Wi-Fi?

Comment

I have to say first impressions are fantastic. Popped the Pi in a case attached the RGB-Pi lead, downloaded the OS and then flashed it to an SD card and away I went.

From a novice perspective it really is easy. I have had a play on the free homebrew titles and they work really well (and look great, even via my Sony CRT Triniton TV).

Now I need to add the MAME roms, any help on how to do this? I read your method @dvdx2 but is there a way of doing this without using Wi-Fi?
                          Don’t think so mate - dead easy though. Drop me a pm if stuck!

Comment

Noticed that it always doesn’t get the auto resolution right. If you notice odd behaviour, wiki the rom and you will see the correct res.

Comment

Plug it in via a network cable.
                              3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                                Plug it in via a network cable.
                                Did just that, got a few SNES roms on (just waiting on a full ROM set on an SD card to be delivered). Forgot to enlarge the SD in the Pi for extra space so I can only fit a certain number of ROMS on).

Looks great though:

Comment

Working...
                                X