Best option for MAME?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by redstar_dan View Post
    So I got a BVM a few days ago, really not set up yet. Cant wait to post up photos when its all done.

Exciting
    You tried to PM me, right? I cleared some messages.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      Now I want one but have no technical nous.

Anybody willing to set one of these up for me? At a cost naturally.
      I'd be willing to do this as the funds would go towards my own purchase, but it wouldn't be worth the shipping. Besides, it sounds super-easy to do man, just try to do it yourself first.

The 'setup' can be done on the SD card, which you just pop in and away you go.

Comment

Anyone know if the knock-off Saturn USB pads are any good? I've got a genuine one from years ago, but can't afford another at today's silly prices!

Comment

Originally posted by roachie View Post
          Anyone know if the knock-off Saturn USB pads are any good? I've got a genuine one from years ago, but can't afford another at today's silly prices!

I was looking into them, the d pads are poor in comparison to the originals, in the end I went with a USB adapter for the original pad! Works like a dream.

Comment

I've gone through about 5 Sega Play Saturn pad knock-offs, they're crap and randomly stop functioning.
            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

I noticed there are various USB converter adapters for different platforms, such as a Mayflash one for Snes.
              Are adapters any good? Which system has the best adapter?

Comment

A good place for quality adapters is raphnet-tech.com

Comment

I've got a Mayflash SNES USB adapter, not used it in ages but from memory it's decent. Any adapter introduces input lag & some are definitely better than others - had one for plugging SNES pads into the GameCube & it was awful

Comment

My biggest question would be, just how good is the Neo Geo emulation on these things?

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
                      My biggest question would be, just how good is the Neo Geo emulation on these things?
                      If it's running a FBA variant I'd say without even trying one that it's going to be perfect, other than the one frame of unavoidable input latency introduced by the emulation layer (unless there's something like Shmupmame that resolves that). Motorola 68000 stuff can run perfectly well with under half the power of what a Pi3 provides.

It's nothing like SNES Higan emu which requires around a 3ghz CPU for 100% accuracy. SNES9X will of course run fine, which suits 99% of people.

There's no harm in trying at the cost of entry, unless your wife is like mine. It'll be easy enough to shift if you're not happy.

Comment

I'm after one specifically for Neo Geo, CPS2, Mega Drive, and select MAME stuff.
                        Last edited by dataDave; 13-04-2018, 00:27.

Comment

How long does the RGB-Pi dude usually take to answer his emails?

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            How long does the RGB-Pi dude usually take to answer his emails?
                            I emailed him twice and both where answered within about 12 hrs

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                              I emailed him twice and both where answered within about 12 hrs
                              Within 24 hours for me and that was over a Bank Holiday.

Comment

Finally got a few stubborn games working last night and had a great rip on viewpoint on the neo, batrider/dimahoo in full tate and the original shinobi. Just keeps getting better!

Comment

Working...
                                X