help and opinions regarding ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help and opinions regarding ebay

right fellas basically i work away alot and when items get sent to my house my wife opens them and tells me the general condition and what the item is anyway i have started a small but nice game boy advance collection and i have been snapping up games at a steady pace, 2 in particular i was after which were sega smash pack and super mario bros 3 (super mario advance 4)

after my wife telling me that these 2 had arrived and they looked good i promptly left feedback on ebay and i was happy

on returning home on Friday i started to sift through my goodies and the 2 games mentioned about are copies, in fact very bad copies, smb3 has a small instruction manual which has been taken from mario kart!!!!! and the box to sega smash pack looks not in focus - cant blame the wife for not noticing

now i paid ?22 for smb3 and here is the guy on ebay - obviously it seems i was lucky when dealing with him ebay seller number 1

as for sega smash pack it was ?19 and his ebay account is still active - should i pursue a refund even thought it was 2 weeks ago or report him to ebay or even should i just accept the lose and get on with life

I would accept the loss and get on with your life. In the future wait a few days until you are happy/ have tested the goods you buy. eBay might sort something out but it would be like pulling teeth and at no big advantage to you.

Also in the future look at the sellers feedback!

eBay full of scumbags!

Comment

This guy's feedback is so poor that I'd never had bid on his stuff in the first place. Quite frankly, you were a fool for bidding at all. As above, accept the loss and be more careful in future, you're not not going to get anywhere trying to get your cash back.

Regards
      Marty

Comment

From a quick look at his feedback it would suggest either he's lost it completely or someone has stolen his account details. The out of focus box could be a pirate. There's a lot of these on ebay usually based in the far east. I would at least report the problem to ebay as the seller may be investiged by the police (its been done before).

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
          Quite frankly, you were a fool for bidding at all. As above, accept the loss and be more careful in future, you're not not going to get anywhere trying to get your cash back.
          thanks for your input but if you check all that feedback that was this week, my deal with him was 3 weeks ago - when i was working away so being a veteran of ebay i did check his feedback and since he had thousands in positive and a couple of negatives (at the time) he seemed genuine enough, i was thinking of filing a complaint about him selling fake goods when i found out myself he has been unregistered

thats why i posted this to see what other genuine buyers/sellers would do in my situation either

get on with it or seek redemption by filing a fraud complaint

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG
            This guy's feedback is so poor that I'd never had bid on his stuff in the first place. Quite frankly, you were a fool for bidding at all. As above, accept the loss and be more careful in future, you're not not going to get anywhere trying to get your cash back.
            Aye, what that man said Even a few weeks ago, his feedback was poor. Personally, I'd never buy GBA games off eBay, not considering how easy they are to reproduce. You only need to take a look through the GBA stuff on eBay to see that half of it is dodgy...

edit: Also, eBay's system automatically shuts down accounts when a certain trigger is reached.

Comment

Working...
            X