Whats the best gamepad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the best gamepad?

I'm after a gamepad for my P.C. Can anyone recommend a not too expensive one please? Also where I can get it would also be helpful!
    cheers

Do a search, this topic has already been covered

Comment

If you don't fancy one of the standard PC gamepads made my MS etc. you can always get a USB to PC convertor and go with any console pad you like.

I used to have a Gravis eliminator pro which is great for driving games but since then have been using a a PS2 dualshock which I like even better, especially since alot of PS2 games have been ported over to the PC of late.

Comment

So how does that work???
        Is it an adapter that fits on the end of the Dual-shock then into the P.C?

Comment

Originally posted by rinoaandme
          So how does that work???
          Is it an adapter that fits on the end of the Dual-shock then into the P.C?
          Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

This is what you need. Plugs directly into one of the USB ports on your computer and the dualshock in to the other end.

You can find dualshocks just about anywhere these days.

Comment

The converter available in GAME for a tenner is better than the Play one though (in my opinion).

Comment

Although the one available from Console Plus for a bit more is even better, as it also does Saturn (with the best digital pad around) and Dreamcast (coupled with the arcade stick gives you the best MAME experience around).

Comment

I have a Gravis Gamepad Pro (the Black USB Edition) and it emulates a PS pad relatively well - you can even have the option of a screw-in thumb stick!

You could pick them up from GAME relatively cheap last time I saw (eons ago mind).

There's also a serial port version (white) which I used to have - the added cool factor was that connecting 2 of them up through the one port meant that playing Bomberman on a SNES emu was a blast (pardon the pun). Also you didn't hog up the other usb ports (that I now use for various h/ware).

Comment

I had the white gameport version of the gravis pad, but I always thought the d-pad was terrible.

If it was me, I'd get an Xbox -> USB and/or a PS2 -> USB adaptor and use console gamepads instead, as people have suggested. Console pads are generally cheaper, better and more available than PC pads.

Failing that, the Logitech dual shock-alike looks nice.

Comment

Working...
                  X