No announcement yet.

Looking to Wireless Network - Advice Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, It's a 4 port switch/wireless router/modem and SPI firewall. There is an earlier version, the DG824M, but i think that it's the same price as the newer one. I initially didn't want a g router but in the end i went for it as i will need a network setup when i leave home, so the faster the better really.

I got mine from Broadbandbuyer.co.uk mainly because they are fast and have good support (not needed though luckily!).

Comment

My boss just got the DG834 and we got it up & running over a 10 munite phone call, very easy. But it did screw up it's DNS server the other day & he had to reboot it, not sure if that's common on that box. Maybe he should get a firmware update.

Anyhoo, the 824 isn't available any more as far as I can tell.

Don't go the ICS route, it's balls and requires having the other PC on all the time. A router is by a looooooooong chalk the most convenient solution. And it's hardly expensive these days.

Comment

Agreed get the router setup. I've got a Belkin Wireless AP and it works very well indeed.

Comment

I think it's going to be done. It looks like a good bit of kit, and quite reliable which is a large issue.

Cheers for the info guys, it's much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X