Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any news from Will2003 about v9 ps2 modding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any news from Will2003 about v9 ps2 modding?

I has an email a month ago about the v9 problems saying he hoped to have them resolved before Christmas. Just wondering if there have been any developments or if anyone has heard from him?

I'm interested too, since I would like to get my new SCPH 55000 White PS2 modded.

Comment

Can't speak for Will.

But chippers have been chipping V9 consoles for a few weeks now.

Comment

Will did one for me Tuesday before Xmas and got it to me for the Wednesday, for which I owe him more than a pint (pressie for my brother) and is doing me another one this week.
        Version 10 machines are out now btw. Just another board revision, no major changes.

Comment

Version 10?

We got a product code SCPH-50003 PS2 for Xmas, is that one or still a version 9?

Just checking as looking to get it modded in the New Year...
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
            Version 10?

We got a product code SCPH-50003 PS2 for Xmas, is that one or still a version 9?

Just checking as looking to get it modded in the New Year...
            V9s and V10s have the same product code.

Maybe you can tell from the packaging - my silver V9 came in a plain grey box, and the V10 that I chipped last week came in a silver box with a picture of the silver PS2 on it...

Comment

My brothers Version 9 came with the box with the pic on it.

Comment

Originally posted by gIzzE
                My brothers Version 9 came with the box with the pic on it.
                Ok, scratch that then.

Comment

Guess he's on holiday then, looks liek i may be buying a nice ps2 after work today then.

Comment

Will is around, my mate got his xbox chipped from him on Monday.

Comment

I got a US SCPH-50001
                      Is that moddable?

Comment

Yes mate it is.

Comment

where do I go get to my ps2 repaired and rechipped.

Its chipped atm but eject has problems I tihnk due to the chip....

Anyone know?

Comment

will is away for a few days over new-year, he chipped my console for me a few days ago (and did a great job of it).

erm.. i asked him about the V9's, and here is what he said (hope he doesn't mind me quoting from an e-mail)

no-one is quite sure what the problem was - it wasn't random crashing, but random, unfixable death of the mainboard Odds are it was a bad batch of 9 mainboards - a theory borne out by the fact that Sony have quicky rushed out new v10 mainboard, with no BIOS changes as seen on all previous versions. No v9 NTSC boards were affected, also suggesting that it was a combination of some extra stress placed on the board by the chip, and a low quality or defective drive controller IC. Anyway, the problem seems to have gone away now, thank god!

Comment

I got mine done at www.star-services.info ... londonconsole never replied to emails. I can recommend the guys at the above website

Comment

Working...
                              X