PS2 arcade sticks analog? - the adapter hell on GC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS2 arcade sticks analog? - the adapter hell on GC

Okay I?m in the adapter hell. Just bought my second converter to try to run my grey PS1 Namco stick on my GC and it did not work this time either.

Did some testing with the adaptor:

Old PS1 pad 1 - cross button works not
    Old PS1 pad 2 - cross button works not
    Old PS1 grey Namco stick - stick works not

New PSone pad - cross button works with the adapter on GC!
    New PS2 dual shock - cross button works with the adapter on GC!

So can we assume if I for example buy the new PS2 Namco SCII stick I have a working solution with my adapter and GC because a modern stick feature analog support or whatever?

Hori make Soul Calibur stick

Your answer is

Buy a soul calibur stick for gamecube and another for PS2.

Comment

I don?t want a GC stick and I have working PS2 converters to all my other systems as standard.

I think I be fine with a new PS2 ac stick but wanted to check here first if someone knew if a PS2 stick sends the same signals as a cross button on a regular PS2 DualShock controller do?

Comment

You can get adaptors that allow sticks to work on GC. I think play-asia have them. The ones from GAME don't work with sticks.

Jay

Comment

I was under the impression that no adaptors work 100% with PS2 Hori sticks on the GC. The one I have doesn't map some of the buttons, although it is fine for shooters.

Comment

Originally posted by Jashin
            I was under the impression that no adaptors work 100% with PS2 Hori sticks on the GC. The one I have doesn't map some of the buttons, although it is fine for shooters.
            I stand corrected. I have adaptors that work fine with a PS1 Ascii stick, but I don't have a Hori stick to try it with.

Jay

Comment

Working...
            X