Yes Asia, Import Tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Asia, Import Tax

Hey, just ordered a DVD from Yes Asia (www.yesasia.com) came to ?5 plus four postage, will I have to pay a heafty import fee?

Tar

Gruce

No.

Yes Asia re-ship from the UK/Europe.

Comment

Further to this I carried out a price check between playasia and yesasia for the ltd edition gold gundam ps2.

Yesasia price displayed says free delivery and no vat, yet if you calculate the price for play asia with pp and vat added on the prices are almost identical, only 3 quid british in it.

so play asia display before vat and shipping and yesasia display there prices as no vat and free shipping but the truth is that yesasia has built in the cost of vat and pp to their price. Ovbiously on smaller priced items like the one mentioned in the original post no doubt there is savings to definitley be made, but on more expensive items its not the clear cut.

6 and half a dozen really.

ps if anybody is wondering if its true or not how do you think big furniture retailers and car manufacturers i.e citroen can offer no vat. its all built into the price. its just another sale gimmick.

rant over

Comment

Originally posted by PH
        No.

So if I was to order a Panasonic Q from them I wouldn't get charged import tax?

Comment

Originally posted by davejm
          Nope, not a penny

Comment

Originally posted by davejm
            Originally posted by PH
            No.

Don't think Q's are in stock anymore and they won't be getting any new stock of them.

Comment

play asia still has them btw. not sure for how long though.

I just hope they can keep them until then end of this month so I can buy one.

Comment

Working...
              X