Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Xbox or PS2 - Which has better DVD playback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox or PS2 - Which has better DVD playback?

Which has the best quality sound, image, and is quietest etc?

Xbox

Comment

PS2 if you have one of the new models, Also remember if you use a chipped Xbox or PS2 DVD-X you can get rid of the macrovision then the PS2 has the stronger picture due to the Xbox's weak RGB output.

Comment

I used to use my PS2 for DVDs and I thought it was very good at times. With Region X the RGB DVD image is very clean and vibrant IMO. Sound quality was good as well (on a par with most budget playes IMO)

I'd recommend PS2.

Comment

???????

My PS2 looks worse than a ?30 Matsui player. Im running it thru RGB and it is a truly **** DVD player, noise all over the shop and dire picture quality.

The Xbox pisses all over teh PS2 for picture and sound quality, however the fan is annoyingly loud.

If i had to watch on one of them it would be xbox every time.

Comment

ps2, i get a great pic on my tv

Shimmyhill, it might be your tv or your rgb cable

Comment

Which model ps2 have you got shimmy? Ive got a new gt ps2 and its a huge improvement over my launch US machine. Quiet, crisp and good sound quality.

Comment

Its a V7 i think.

Its not like the picture is wrong or lead is wrong, its just a lousy dvd player. Im sure if i asked some of my m8's to compare it to my Tosh player they would barely see the difference. Me im fussy, very fussy when it comes to iq - the PS2 has horrid iq but then its basically a software player so its to be expected.

Comment

Go and buy the ?37 player from Lidl, both consoles are ****e as dvd players.
                  I have a version 10 ps2 and it is no better than the older versions in interlaced mode.

seriously you can pick up a Toshiba for under ?30 used and this will trash either console

Comment

I found the Xbox did a much better job than my ps2. But neither are up to my 50 quid dedicated player.

Comment

Totally agree. Both are equally useless.

Comment

PS2 is an ok DVD player. The Xbox is simply great though. Through an offical RGB lead it is crystal clear and has no glitches.

Remember one thing, MPEG2 is not perfect. It can be blocky and distorted. Overall it is a good standard but Its imperfections can really be shown-up in RGB, on a hi-def screen.

Comment

Working...
                        X