Can no longer view/decode site movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can no longer view/decode site movies

Im having *another* issue with video capturing/conversion. Stupidly, I decided to try out the Windows Media Edition pack after recommendation from a friend. Since then, although I am able to capture game footage using iuVCR in an uncompressed 640 x 480 NTSC 29fps format like before, when I try to view the resultant AVI file in WMP, it doesnt play at all, I just get a black screen and no sound. Also I tried it in PowerDVD and it wont play there either.

I then try to convert the 2GB plus sized file into TMPGENC using my normal settings, and it states it cannot open the file or its unsupported.

I ran the file through Gspot coded information and it states that no codec is needed and the required software to view it should be available in the standard OS. I also have the latest version of WMP.

Any ideas? I wont be able to make site videos until I get this sorted

All sorted thanks to the system restore function of XP.

I also owe Half-Pint an apology, as only last week I was saying to him theres no need for system restore, as provided you look after what you put on your pc its a pointless waste of disk space, whilst he was singing its praises.

Comment

Pffft, it's still crap, hides viruses and generally ****s up

Although when I actually need to use it I'll be singing it's praises

Comment

Working...
      X