Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Imported US GC Problems

Hi there!

I just came back (to Finland) from the States and brought my GameCube with me. I got a travel power converter from my parents and gave it a shot on my GC and it powered up and worked. I got a proper lead to support color on my TV today and tried to turn the GC on - nothing. As stupid as I am, I had left the power converter in the wall WITH the GameCube connected. I'm freaked out that my machine is busted, or probably the adapter. I tried my US GBASP charger but that didn't work with that travel converter, which gave me a little hope.

Anyone else familiar with this problem? Please say it's only the GC's power adapter that's busted.

Thanks in advance.

It's unlikely the Gamecube PSu has blown as the adaptor normally takes the damage. Is it possible for you to get hold of a 240v adaptor? I remember hearing that Nintendo sell them themselves.

Comment

What you need is a proper stepdown convertor, not just a travel adapter. Either that or a european power cable for the Gamecube (this is assuming Finland plugs are the same as most of europe). If anything is damaged, it's probably just the power cable as that is where the AC unit is housed (in the big black box bit). You could have blown the entire unit!

Comment

You can buy standard UK power cables from Nintendo UK, not sure about the phone number, but if you ring up and say you lost yours or it broke and want a new one, you can usually get one from there for about ?20 or something. It should work fine with your GC, as it's the big bulky box on the power lead that is the difference between UK and US versions, not the actual PSU inside the console.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the tips. The power sockets here are identical to the whole of Europe, except the UK, however I don't see the power output on sale on the Finnish Nintendo website.

Comment

order one of them uk power adapters and use a plug adapter to the two pin socket or whatever it is or get a finish one ?

Comment

Working...
              X