Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Japanese GameCube - which step-down transformer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese GameCube - which step-down transformer?

I'm just about to buy a Japanese GameCube - which step-down transformer do I need to get?

Maplin have one but it's designed for US-style 2-pin plugs, so I guess that isn't suitable for a Japanese Cube?

I assume I can get something suitable from a UK-based supplier? If so, from whom?

Thanks,
    Phil

Maplin are cool but expensive -

All you need to do is take not of the output wattage of the appliance and buy a stepdown with a range to cover that. I use a 300w multi-socketed transformer for the 3 110v machines I use. You can get 100w units for under ?20 - this will be fine for a Cube.

http://www.cricklewoodelectronics.com/ - give them a shout, they have 100w units for ?10. Product number TAE100

Comment

The US and Jap plugs work in the same stepdowns.
      Get something similar to this. This will be fine for a GC, but if you need it for an xbox in the future, get 150VA(W) or more.

Comment

DON'T BUY A STEPDOWN!!

Just get a replacement UK PSU from either Nintendo or Play-asia/Lik-sang.

Comment

Oh yeah. That's a better idea. Ring them on 08706 060247 ?20 for a UK power supply.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
            The US and Jap plugs work in the same stepdowns.
            Get something similar to this. This will be fine for a GC, but if you need it for an xbox in the future, get 150VA(W) or more.
            Thanks Charles - I only need it for a Cube so that should be fine.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr
              Oh yeah. That's a better idea. Ring them on 08706 060247 ?20 for a UK power supply.
              Just tried 'em and they said it can take a couple of weeks to arrive as it has to come all the way from Germany.

Where else might I find a UK Cube PSU in the UK?

Ta,
              Phil

Comment

what about this instead ?

Online shopping for Import Video Games, Digital Codes, iTunes Cards, Mobage & PSN Cards, Movies, Music, Electronics, Computers, Software, Books, Apparel, Personal Care, Toys & more.

Comment

Originally posted by wod
                  Looks good, thanks.

Or how about this from lik-sang:

Same thing I think?

Phli

Comment

They say it takes a couple of weeks but in reality mine took 5 days.

Comment

Working...
                    X