UK RGB cable on Japanese GameCube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK RGB cable on Japanese GameCube?

Can a UK RGB cable be used on a Japanese Cube?

I have one from when I borrowed a UK cube from someone a while back (I bought the RGB cable to test it on the UK Cube).

This is one of those purple cables with a SCART plug wired for RGB, and also has a block in the middle with Audio Left and Right outputs plus S-Video (?) output.

Thanks,
    Phil

The NTSC Gamecube does not produce an RGB signal so a normal RGB cable will not work. You will need a modified D-Terminal cable - this takes the signal from the digital out port converting it to analogue RGB.

Comment

No, it won't work.

I had to buy a specially modded RGB cable from goblin for my jap cube. Its quite expensive (about ?40 from what I can remember). Not sure if they still sell it, although I'm sure someone round here will do you a modded lead.

Comment

Thanks, not a problem.

However, if plug in this RGB cable to the analogue port, will it still output sound via the two phono plugs elsewhere on the cable?

Phil

Comment

Yes it will

Comment

Cool, thanks.

Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
              The NTSC Gamecube does not produce an RGB signal
              That's not strictly true, through playing around with a NTSC cube, I got some weak RGB lines. They are there, you just need to find them. However as the picture is much much weaker then the N64 or PC Engine it would require some amp (or probably the tracing of a pull down resister....).

Comment

I bought a modded RBG cable from the internet for $49. A better deal than ?40 .

Comment

So does the modded RGB cable from Goldenshop work? You hear all about these horror stories about badly-made cables from Hong Kong on these forums!

I'm considering getting a Q RGB cable from them...

Comment

I hope so!!! I just ordered it!

What a waste of money if it doesn't.

Comment

Working...
                    X