Importing a NTSC PS2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing a NTSC PS2

I am wanting a US PS2 but I dont know where to get one. DVDboxoffice is exprensive, Buyrite seem cheap, ncsx charges a bomb for shipping.

Any views are welcomed.

wrong forum by the way

why not get a modded pal unit ? easier to get but would have problems with online games

Comment

I too have just started a thread on importing a Gamecube harlowlad.
      I just checked DVDBO and a US Gamecube cost ?91. I assume that doesn't include courier delivery.

Doesn't seem too steep since a PAL box costs ?80.

If you do go for importing let us know how it goes.

Comment

also you have to take into account import tax that you may get charged

Comment

I also want a PS2 capable of playing US games...don't know if I should get a modded one or a US one....any advice on prices, etc would be apreciated

Comment

i'd suggest getting a us machine then you can play online games without being detected for a modchip.

185 dollars =100 quid excluding postage to uk

Comment

DVDBO are offering free courier service on any new consoles you buy at the mo:

Don't miss out on this opportunity to take advantage of some great low prices on all game console platforms. At DVD Box Office there are no extra charges for shipping or handling. The price you see is the price you pay. When you order a game console at DVD Box Office we will ship it to you with our upgraded courier service at no additional charge. So don?t delay, place your order today

Comment

that offer seems very tempting but font dvd bo have a bad write up

Im sure there is a few on this board who have waited a long while for their goods.

I might be wrong though, if I am then Im buying one asap. Thats a great deal.

Comment

www.videogameimports.com have a secondhand US PS2 in stock for ?140+delivery. I'd check which model it is though, but it will have a limited warranty if you're worried about getting secondhand. Plus if it screws up then it'll be cheaper to post it back to them than to Canada!

Comment

I bought my US PS2 from cduniverse.com

The service was excellent, was couriered with tracking number so you could trace the package every step of the way, and they always reply to my emails. The price was $192.49 (?104). Had to pay about ?40 import tax, but that can be overcome by asking them to mark the box as a gift (i think).

Anyway, no complaints whatsoever. Had to buy a stepdown transformer also, from euronetwork.co.uk (was the cheapest for a 100v transformer)

Comment

stepdown converter this one is a very good one 300watt

Comment

Wow, I'm really surprised nobody has said DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM BUYRITE EVER!!! Those guys are totally crooked, they never sent me a copy of panza dragon orta I ordered last feb yet still charged my card, i got it refunded when I threatened legal action. After I got screwed around by them I checked the web to find countless anti buyrite forum posts, even a webpage dedicated to encouraging people not to buy from those crooked individuals.

I'd suggest ncsx, thats where I got mine, there shipping is a tad expensive but their service is top notch

Comment

Originally posted by charlaph
                          www.videogameimports.com have a secondhand US PS2 in stock for ?140+delivery.
                          ?140!?!? Jesus, that's extortion.

I was hoping to pick one up myself (a US PS2 this is), but there's no way I'd pay more than ?80 for a second hand machine.

EDIT, just checked their site and they are asking ?250 for a new machine!!!!!! Racketeers.

Comment

I find that eBay is the best way to get things out of America. Just look for a new in the box PS2 from there?

Comment

Edit: Forget that post.
                              Noticed it was a USA PS2 you wanted and not a Japanese machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X