SNES Jr - LCD TV - Graphics Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SNES Jr - LCD TV - Graphics Issue

Dug out my SNES Jr to test before selling, and it's 'developed' a strange graphics issue, where there is horizontal 'combing' at the top of the screen. I've taken a few pictures:

I've tried 3 different SCART cables, one of which is the official PAL GC RGB SCART.
    The SNES was RGB modded by our very own [MENTION=976]mmmonkey[/MENTION] , and it includes the 'C-SYNC restore'.

I've got a feeling it's the TV (an old-ish Samsung 32" 1080p screen), but I don't have another telly with a SCART socket any more..

Any ideas?
    TIA.

That’s just moire caused by the TV by the looks of it. Is it a NTSC console on a PAL TV by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
      That’s just moire caused by the TV by the looks of it. Is it a NTSC console on a PAL TV by any chance?
      It’s a US SNES Jr on a UK TV.
      I can switch the console between 50/60hz and the lines are still there?
      Wish I had another really to try it on..

Comment

I used to have the same problem with NTSC DVDs on a PAL CRT TV. Changing frequency won’t help. It’s, to the best of my understanding, how the 625 line TV handles the 480 lines of the NTSC picture.

Comment

Is it not just an interlacing issue? Have you used the console with this TV before?

I presume you aren't using any kind of scaler? Is the TV recognising the signal as 480i rather than 240p? (or PAL equivalents)

Older consoles usually have issues on modern screens.

Edit: Do you have any other consoles which output 240p via RGB, so you could see if the same thing happens with those?
          Last edited by ZipZap; 04-09-2021, 11:46.

Comment

Working...
          X