Black screen some pal games on hacked Ntsc J Wii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Black screen some pal games on hacked Ntsc J Wii

Samba De Amigo works fine. Hotd overkill and wii fit plus don't work and give a black screen. Component cable in use. Any ideas? Priiloader set to region free

Yeah that won't work IIRC. You'll need to force PAL or get NTSC images. IF I RECALL CORRECTLY (been a number of years since I did this)

Comment

Really stretching my memory here but I dimly remember this issue. I was using an NTSC-U machine BITD and I think Brad is correct, you will need to force PAL.

I'm trying to remember the utility you can use to do this with a physical disc (which I assume is what you're using). I think NeoGamma was one. Alternatively I'm pretty sure you can do it through USBLoaderGX if you are OK to load the game as an ISO off a USB stick or USB HDD instead.

Alternatively you could use either of those utilities to load a 'backup' version of an NTSC-U/J burned disc or image as Brad suggests.

The component cable won't be an issue as I only ever used component with my machine and I did all sorts of homebrew jiggery pokery.

Comment

OK, cheers. It was the physical discs. I do have a USB loader HDD but after I wiped the Wii and reinstalled from scratch, the new loader isn't working. I'll try USBLoaderGX which is what I used to use I think.

Comment

You should be able to load from the disc and force PAL by using NeoGamma, IIRC, if you don't want to bother with the HDD side of things.

Comment

Working...
          X