Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American GBA SP. Do I need a UK AC adapter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American GBA SP. Do I need a UK AC adapter?

Seeing as the US$ is currently in freefall an American GBA SP has become an attractive prospect. I can get one from Tronix for $100 plus $12 shipping which roughly equates to a little bit more than ?60. Which is a bargain. I was wondering what would happen if I plugged in the AC adpater that came with it? Would the GBA blow up? I assume I'd need a UK AC adapter. Are they easy to get hold of? Expensive?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

You could pick up a USB Power cable from Play-asia for ?2.79. Dead handy for charging your GBA while at work too..

Comment

why not get a cheap stepdown like a 40watt one, as the gba sp wont need that much power

Comment

Actually.. come to think of it wouldn't be much good for charging your GBA at work if you're like a painter and decorator or something..

Comment

I have a US SP and bought a Logic 3 UK charger for ?12, and have had no probs.

Comment

Originally posted by wod
            why not get a cheap stepdown like a 40watt one, as the gba sp wont need that much power
            Are lower power stepdown's considerably smaller and lighter than a standard one for say a GC? I wouldn't really want to have to carry something heavy and/or bulky around with me if I was going on holiday.

jiroczech

I like that idea of the USB cable. It's cheap too! But might not be practical all of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by paveynick
              I have a US SP and bought a Logic 3 UK charger for ?12, and have had no probs.
              I thought you could do that. Cheers. Is the build quality of the charger any good? Some 3rd party accessories are so cheap. Is it possible to buy an official charger, say directly from Nintendo?

Comment

Game do a standard UK charger for ?6.99 that will work perfectly with your USA SP.

Comment

Yep. That is the logical suggestion.

Comment

I was told there is no official charger,spose to stop importing, but the logic 3 is perfect and the build quality is pretty good.

Comment

You can get an official charger from Nintendo. They cost ?20 excluding postage, so probably about ?23 with it. You just tell them that you have lost or broke your imaginary UK plug and need a replacement. Its the same with the power supply for the Gamecube.

Why anybody would bother now that you can get a charger from Game is questionable though.
                      It's a plug, and the game one works just as well as the official one.

Comment

I guess I'll get that charger Game are selling then and I might also get that USB charger as it sounds like a pretty cool idea.

Thanks a lot for all your suggestions

Cheers

Gossi

Comment

Working...
                        X