Gah Xbox Live! Not Found :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gah Xbox Live! Not Found :(

I havent been on xbox live for about a month so when i went on today i was worried it might not work for some reason.

Anyway everythings shows up as green but the bottom one says Xbox Live Not Found. Iv been away on holiday over that period of time so nothings changed.

Any ideas?

Just ring up the free 24/7 M$ hotline, they are always helpful.

Comment

Is your machine chipped?

Comment

Try re-configuring your settings manually.

I have to do this a lot, since I hardly ever use Live.

Comment

Tried and tried and tried i give up.

Comment

IP, netmask and dns setting ok?

router, ics or direct connection?

gotta be fixable.

Comment

Everything is as it was nothings been touched. ft:

Comment

I wonder... is your XBox fitted with a modchip?
                In case you have... a custom dashboard might be the cause (I think).

But I'd like to share a similar experience though:
                My (Cable Broadband) ISP requires that a computer (or XBox) has a specific name otherwise their gateway will not assign an IP to my computer (or XBox).
                Somewhere during june last year I moved... and was able to keep my broadband account and such...
                Guess what... during december last year they changed the required computer name (aka network-id) without telling me.
                Which resulted in me trying about everything to get my internet-connection back (for about 5 days or so)...
                Untill I gave up, gave them a ringer... and after half an hour or so the guy "just checks" the required computer name...

That's when I found out that they changed the required network-id because I "recently" moved.

Comment

need more info though ginza.

let us know the type of connection, etc...

for instance, if you're using a router or ics, does your pc access the net fine, or is it just the box?

some ISPs may require a mac address and, as The Raeven suggests, this may be a recent thing (i.e. they changed their config in between the last time you logged on).

Comment

My guess is your bro accidentally got you banned when you were on your hols and is ****ting himself to tell you

Comment

Originally posted by g-funk
                      My guess is your bro accidentally got you banned when you were on your hols and is ****ting himself to tell you
                      Too fecking write g-funk i think youv hit the nail on the head there.

Comment

If you were banned it would tell you so, so I very much doubt that that is your problem

Comment

we need to know how you are connecting your xbox to the net as has already been asked.

a stupid one really but has your account expired (not sure if you have a 2 month free trial tag or not)

have you gone into the network setings and set everything to automatic ?

Comment

Working...
                          X