Good Arcades In Glasgow/Scotland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Arcades In Glasgow/Scotland

Does anyone know of good arcades in the Glasgow area in paticular that will have a good selection of decent games .

If there is others in other areas then post them in here too as to my own knowledge I dont know of any decent arcades in glasgow.

Havent looked in a while right enough.

The weeg that sits next to me says there could be one under Central Bridge, but it might just be puggies.

Comment

Last time I was in glasgow all the arcades were ****. I'm sure there used to be a decent one somewhere in the city centre, but I can't remember the street name.

Much like edinburgh though, it's all bandits and pool.

****e.

Comment

Maybe someone should open a decent arcade in Edinburgh then.. I'd go!

*daydreams about opening retro arcade/club*

Comment

Pretty crap I think, there is Enterprise at the top of Buchanan street(close to the underground entrance). They used to be good years ago when they were further up the hill but I haven`t been into their new premises so its possibly just fruit machines now. There is always the Airport, but again I aint been in there for a while although I remember them having Ridge Racer when it was just out.

Comment

What's the wee arcade at Shandwick Place like? I heard they have some decent Sega machines.

Comment

Originally posted by Kubrick
              What's the wee arcade at Shandwick Place like? I heard they have some decent Sega machines.
              depends on what games float your boat. They have VF4, but it's a dodgy machine, It used to be a ?1, and it never accepted money, and then I got the staff to fix it, and it started working fine. Then they put it down to 50p, which was quite sweet at the time, so me and Faded of these here forums too were actually going round once a week for a month or so. So they put it back up to a ?1 because people were using it ft:

Last time I checked it wasn't accepting money again.

As for other sega games, I remember back in the day it had F355 challenge which was uber, but these days it's mostly dance games and the odd sega sports game like Virtua Tennis/Striker.

Comment

Originally posted by jiroczech

go on then! I'll contribute nothing, but will spend time there no doubt. Just make sure it has a nice Evo cabinet

Comment

Originally posted by stroppa
                  Originally posted by jiroczech

go on then! I'll contribute nothing, but will spend time there no doubt. Just make sure it has a nice Evo cabinet
                  Back to back style please.

The shandwick one isn't totally awful ... just pretty ****ty. It's worth checking out because there might be a game or two that takes your fancy.

I miss arcade VF

Comment

Depressingly Booths on Union Street (just up from Central Station) is the only gaming arcade in Glasgow, they have Initial D V.2, Dancing Stage Euromix 2, Virtua Fighter 4, Time Crisis 3, Virtua Striker 3, Virtua Tennis 2,Virtua Golf, Confidential Mission,House of the Dead 3, Mocap Golf & one or two others that I can't remember. It's also conveniently placed right next to a strip joint.

All other arcades there have fruit machines only.

Comment

The glasgow QM Union also have a fair selection of arcades- mostly outdates stuff but they change the ones they have fairly reguarly. Still nothing to write home about though.

Comment

Working...
                      X