Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flip-lids for PS2

How well do they work?

I'm after a cheapo 2nd hand machine, need to know if I'll be wasting my money if I buy PAL and put a flipper on it.

Taaaa.

Had mine for a year now and it's still working fine for me with every JPN/US game i've bought which is around 15 or so now

Comment

Coolio... means I don't have to get an expensive US import!

Thanks

Comment

Had mine almost 18 months, not one problem, best ?40 ever for the case and boot discs

Comment

Are there different makes of flippers? The one I've seen was only ?20, although the fact that you bought yours 18 months ago may have had some bearing on that.

Are they easy to fit?

Comment

easy to fit, just make sure you get the right one, later PS2's have screws in different places etc.
            Case is about ?20 and boot discs about ?20 also, hence the ?40.

Where you going to order yours from ?, think I got mine from ps2cover.com but can't remember exactly (direct from USA)

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
              easy to fit, just make sure you get the right one, later PS2's have screws in different places etc.
              Couple of tips I've picked up from working on PS2s which people have previously fitted a flip-top lid to...

Don't wreck the ribbon cable going from the Standby/Eject buttons (first thing people do after removing the screws is rip the lid of the PS2 off without realising there's a cable there!).

Be careful with the fan power lead - I've had people who somehow ripped the fan connector off the board underneath...

Don't break the memory card flap things!

Comment

Working...
              X