Work / PC chair recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work / PC chair recommendations

What's everyone using (and like) for chairs sat at a keyboard and mouse for long periods?

Herman Miller Aeron, is what I'd like to be using.

Comment

I have a Noblechairs Hero at home (use for both PC work and playing). I like it, but I wish the seat would be softer. It has great back support and moveable armrests so I can have an arcade stick on my lap and still being comfortable with elbows.

Comment

I got one of these. Cant complain
        Buy John Lewis Murray Ergonomic Office Chair, Black from our Office Chairs range at John Lewis & Partners. Free Delivery on orders over £50.

Comment

I got a used Aeron a while back and am very happy with it.

Comment

Miller Aeron is literally the best.

Try to get a second hand one.

Comment

Originally posted by huxley View Post
              Snap!

I had an Aeron chair for 6 years at an old workplace and it was a revelation. When it came time to WFH I wanted one but couldn’t justify the £1K for one at the time. So went with the John Lewis knock off one and so far, it’s been exceptional. 3 years and counting and had no issues with it at all.

Comment

Hmm, might be able to justify getting my work to pay for one of those. I haven't tried to get an Aeron out of them, but I can't see purchasing approving it given it's not that much less than we budget per laptop.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                  Hmm, might be able to justify getting my work to pay for one of those. I haven't tried to get an Aeron out of them, but I can't see purchasing approving it given it's not that much less than we budget per laptop.
                  A few things to add about an Aeron.

It's "the last chair" they'll need to buy, because all of the components are replaceable with basic tools and when things wear out, you can replace them (in a Trigger's Broom sort of situation).

They're a lot cheaper than paying for an employee's back problems later in life. They're engineered specifically to avoid that, so if an employee does try to sue your company, they can genuinely say that they took resonable precautions to prevent it.

About getting them second-hand; you can get them in bunches from closures of other businesses; that's the best place to try.

Comment

I have a Herman Miller Lino and it’s excellent. Very supportive and adjustable.

Comment

I checked and I have a £250 chair budget, so I doubt even a second-hand Aeron is within grasp. Actually, none of the chairs I like are in budget.

Comment

Just get one of these, Chaz:

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                          I checked and I have a £250 chair budget, so I doubt even a second-hand Aeron is within grasp. Actually, none of the chairs I like are in budget.
                          I got mine for £50. It pays to create a local eBay search for "office chair" and second hand; places sell them without realising what they are.

Comment

Yeah, doubt I'll be that lucky around here - there are two locally both at a grand.

Comment

Another one to look out for is an RH Logic 400

Excellent chairs, fully adjustable and they can be found for reasonable prices secondhand..

I have had mine for over 15 years, had to replace an arm rest after it was damaged during a move but otherwise it has been rock solid.. I prefer it to the Aeron that I have at work as I am tall and large

Comment

Working...
                              X