dvd writer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dvd writer

I am looking at buying a dvd writer, can anyone recommend a certain model that is know to be good. The prices seem to vary from ?85 to ?150 with the write speeds being very similar, so I am tempted to go for a cheap one but if its going to be writing coasters all day I would rather pay a bit more and have better reliability.
    Any reccomendations?

For a internal drive the pioneer 106 is good at the price

Comment

The LG Drive I bought got 5/5. I'm not quite sure what the model number is off hand. If you want mine you can have it for ?85!. It is OEM version. It reads and writes everything like, DVD RAM, DVD RW, R, CDR, CDRW etc. However it doesn't support Windows 98 so I can't use it! I know I should have checked before I bought it but I didn't!! I'm now saving for a new computer.

Comment

This one *here* writes at 8x and at just under a ton(scroll to top of page)

*MartyG edits hugely long url to something more readable*

Comment

Amazon do a DVD writer for ?79.99, i brought one seems to be fine although has been used much yet.

Comment

Originally posted by AllYourBase
            For a internal drive the pioneer 106 is good at the price
            I bought this about 4 or 5 months ago because it was recommended (fast and good compatibility). Can't say I've actually burnt a DVD yet though

Comment

I also recommend the Pioneer 106 and know about 4 or 5 people that have one and love it... comes highly recommended!

Comment

On the DVD writer theme, does anyone know how the whole DVD+/-R fiasco is turning out? I keep hearing that it's never completely safe to go for one over the other in case that format goes the way of the betamax but I also hear that one (+?) is winning out the fight.

Also, if anyone can explain the difference and advantages of each it'd be most appreciated

Comment

All about what is what Enjoy!

Comment

Also, http://dvdplusrw.org/Article.asp?mid=0&sid=3&aid=12

Comment

Legend. DVD+R/RW it is then

Comment

Working...
                      X