Xbox Cloud Saves?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Cloud Saves?

I have been replaying some backwards compatible 360 games on my Xbox. When playing Crackdown for example I found none of my progress was saved. This didn’t surprise me, I assumed I had lost all my 360 Xbox saves when I sold or dumped my 360 some years ago, I don’t recall cloud saves being a thing back then. However today I noticed on Splinter Cell Double Agent that I have all the levels and equipment unlocked (but no in-level saves). So I presume I must have saved this one to the Cloud. There seems to be no way of seeing a list of what games have a cloud save.

So my question is, do others agree that this is maybe down to my having saved some games to the cloud and not others? Does anyone remember when Cloud Saves first came in?

Cloud saves were on Xbox 360, think it was 2011/2012 ish. Not sure it was default at the time though for everything as you had to turn it on in settings.

Comment

It asked you where you wanted to save (local or cloud)

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
        Cloud saves were on Xbox 360, think it was 2011/2012 ish. Not sure it was default at the time though for everything as you had to turn it on in settings.
        Thank you. A google suggests it was around June 2011. So it was later in the lifespan, but I think before I got rid of my 360 so maybe I did use it.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          It asked you where you wanted to save (local or cloud)
          If so then the same as how it works via BC. Genuinely no memory of this!

Comment

Does it by default now of course.
            Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Just discovered that cloud saves were behind the Xbox Live Gold paywall until quite recently. As a mostly offline gamer, my Gold subs have been a rare event. Maybe I played SC: DA during one of my rare outings on Gold.

Comment

Working...
              X