No announcement yet.

Emulation box ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New mist box is tiny. Smaller than an ossc.
    Can't get Amiga or c64 cores working yet. Documentation not as prevalent as for mister these days. ST Vic and pet working. Lovely little box

Comment

What's the error? I find that a separate memory card for each core works well. Obviously, for lesser favoured machines a shared one suffices hut my C64, Amiga, ZX Spectrum and Spectrum Next do well on separate cards.

Comment

Try again:

All cores working now. Naming issue I think.

Miss some QoL features of mister e.g. getting files onto the Amiga was easy. Not sure best way to do it now. Ossc working great with it.

Yeah I'll use multiple cards I think. I've got a wireless tank mouse that I'm going to get out the loft (Kickstarter, never used it).

I like the fact that the c64 core emulates an attached 1541 floppy drive too.

Time to sell all my other hardware!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          Been mulling over getting a box of some kind that kind sit behind a TV/monitor that can be a little retro gaming console. I'd like to be able to run up to possibly DC and even get some Saturn emu on the go.

With the choices being Raspberry Pi or even a mini PC, what do people in the know here recommend? Say with a budget of approx 120.quid?
          This weekend I played around with something called RetroBat which works a lot like the Batocera thing I mentioned earlier. The difference is that Batocera is its own OS you need to boot into, whereas RetroBat is just an app you install and run in Windows.

It's a front end which uses EmulationStation and RetroArch (same as Batocera and Retropie):

RetroBat is just as hardcore in its simplicity as Batocera - it will wipe any changes you make in the emulators it uses - but it automatically configures everything for you.

My PC is a Lenovo Tiny M715Q and it's mainly a Plex server so it's running 24/7 anyway. I just hooked it up to the TV via HDMI.

Comment

Working...
          X