Morrowind - basic questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morrowind - basic questions?

Calling all Morrowind experts, take pity on me! Any help with following questions much appreciated. Short of following a step by step guide, all online info is extremely detailed and hard to get a grip of.

I have started playing this game (GOTY if it matters), which I am mostly enjoying. My character is currently level 9, Dark Elf, Rogue: I have no idea what that means as I am a total RPG novice. As you can see from my stat screen below, magic is my weak point, I have barely used it,

Yesterday ran into some problems levitating through a main quest area, which was necessary for progression. I thought I needed some more magicka points to cast levitation, not realising a simple potion would suffice…

Is it best to have a balanced character or focus on one set of skills, e.g. hand to hand combat? Can you complete the game if you are weak in, e.g. magic?
    How do I build magicka and spells, at least enough to progress through the game?
    i have ****loads of items - what’s the best place to sell them for maximum coin?

Originally posted by egparadigm View Post
    Calling all Morrowind experts, take pity on me! Any help with following questions much appreciated. Short of following a step by step guide, all online info is extremely detailed and hard to get a grip of.

I have started playing this game (GOTY if it matters), which I am mostly enjoying. My character is currently level 9, Dark Elf, Rogue: I have no idea what that means as I am a total RPG novice. As you can see from my stat screen below, magic is my weak point, I have barely used it,

Yesterday ran into some problems levitating through a main quest area, which was necessary for progression. I thought I needed some more magicka points to cast levitation, not realising a simple potion would suffice…

Is it best to have a balanced character or focus on one set of skills, e.g. hand to hand combat? Can you complete the game if you are weak in, e.g. magic?
    How do I build magicka and spells, at least enough to progress through the game?
    i have ****loads of items - what’s the best place to sell them for maximum coin?

It's been a while since I played Morrowind and the online help does get a bit dense at times. You don't need magic to beat the game, especially since you can enchant equipment that gives you access to magic. I became pretty OP doing that the last time I played it through. Increasing your Intelligence when you level up will increase your overall magicka reserve if you do want to become a magic user. Increasing your Willpower will stop your spells from failing to cast.

I sold most of my items in Vivec just because it has a lot of stores and trainers...etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Cepp View Post
      It's been a while since I played Morrowind and the online help does get a bit dense at times. You don't need magic to beat the game, especially since you can enchant equipment that gives you access to magic. I became pretty OP doing that the last time I played it through. Increasing your Intelligence when you level up will increase your overall magicka reserve if you do want to become a magic user. Increasing your Willpower will stop your spells from failing to cast.

I sold most of my items in Vivec just because it has a lot of stores and trainers...etc.
      Thanks for reply, cepp. That’s all very reassuring. I’ll take a look at vivec trading. One thing I’m aware of is that the trader needs to have enough cash to offer something close to the value of items, and the one in Balmora is quite poor!

Comment

The shopkeepers are on a 72-hour cooldown IIRC, so you can sleep for 3 days between selling stuff and the gold will be replenished - like Cepp, it's been a while since I played it though. Unlike the later games in the series, you can kill NPCs that are critical quest-givers, so be mindful of who you kill

Comment

Good tips, thanks. I haven’t been killing many NPCs. I did with one where that was the quest, only after provoking him into attacking me first!

I did make the mistake of joining the thieves guild and this then screwed up one of my quests. But apparently I can go back to the quest when I have more experience and it will then work.

Comment

Working...
          X