No announcement yet.

Phantasy star and freeloader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right I actually got the game working now.

I'm actually a bit of a spanner, made such an obvious mistake.

First of all I got an actual Freeloader rather than using my Action Replay, secondly I put a totally empty Mem card 59 in my machine.

Booted the game, usual score, however open reading the second screen, after which I usually get booted to the main GC menu I discovered what it actually says is

'Time and date must be set and exact blah blah blah' 'Do you want to return to the calendar set screen etc' 'Yes or No'

Me not reading thinking I know what I'm doing insticively choose yes, thinking that I'm just confirming my date and time settings. After reading and saying 'NO' the game boots up and seems to be working fine!

No joy with online and my BBA as yet, literally still just testing. More info when I have it!

Basically the game seems to work, as for getting it online, nothing as yet!

Comment

one more question bout the UK version, 60 hertz option?

Comment

Originally posted by optimusomega
        one more question bout the UK version, 60 hertz option?
        Yes it does mate, displays in 60hz on my US cube, and also states in the instruction book that it has a 60hz mode,

HTH

Comment

Excellent! Looks like I'll be picking up a copy then

Comment

UK BBA is working fine here on my JP/US cube with US pso, so any online troubles will be due to the freeloader.

Comment

Me again!

I still can't get my copy going online, everytime I try to connect or play with the network options I just get a black screen and the game does nothing!

I can't see that there is a problem with my network setup as my PS2 with BBA works fine through the system. I'll get an XBOX Live kit on Friday, if that works fine then I'll know it's a problem with the GC and Freeloader!

Comment

the solution 4 u guys, is to use a memory card with is done with a pal gamecube where u set the online option.
                then just plus this MC to your jap gamecube, and it's working.

It's because when the gamecube loads the broswer it erase the freeloader code, so making the save with a pal gamecue prevent this problem

Comment

Originally posted by krus-t
                  the solution 4 u guys, is to use a memory card with is done with a pal gamecube where u set the online option.

It's because when the gamecube loads the broswer it erase the freeloader code, so making the save with a pal gamecue prevent this problem
                  You only have to do this bit with a PAL GameCube once, right? What a pain... ft:

Comment

Originally posted by krus-t

This aint tru. it didnt work for me.
                    i have an JAP GC and a pal BBA with pal PSO freeloader 1.06.
                    I went to a friend of mine to save the network settings on pal memorycard with PAL GC. When i got home i booted PSO and with memorycard in slot it told me that the data is currupt and i have to format my MemoryCard. boohoohoo still cant play my PSO ONLINE! i hate it.

If anybody has another way?? please please send me.

Comment

this is excatly what is happening to me! I get a blackscreen when i try to go online to! where the hell can I get u.s pso? all the import websites don't have it, goblin have it on order but that has been forever!

Comment

anyone got this to work with a usa cube? but setting it up on a pal cube eg online details?

Comment

It does work, as long as you set it up on a UK machine and save the network info on your memory card. Then you can get online with your US cube.

feeyo, the reason its not working for you is that your using a JP machine, freeloader wont let you use PAL/US memory cards on a JP machine.

Comment

oh, man! now I have to find a uk cube.

Comment

thanks for the help , i have a pal gamecube to set it up on

Comment

Working...
                              X