Recommend me a good xbox steering wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend me a good xbox steering wheel

Hi all, been looking for a good steering wheel for the xbox but all I can find in the shops is a crappy lotus one, looking for one with force feedback, if any one has any reccomendations please post here, thanks.

You'll be lucky, no FF wheels for X-box. Only the PS2 is well served in this area, with the Gamecube only having one.

Comment

There is at least one force feedback wheel for the xbox:

but very few games actually support it, I think only Sega GT?

Comment

I'm going to take a guess and say games dont need to be compatible with the steering wheel, since all the wheel has to do is have the wheel act as the left analog stick and the pedals act as L+R, the xbox already expects analog inputs for all of these axis anyway so it makes no difference to the game if they come from a wheel or a pad.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddo
          I'm going to take a guess and say games dont need to be compatible with the steering wheel ...
          Not if you expect force feedback to work, or buy a force feedback wheel.

Force feedback wheels may only work with games that support force feedback. Others might have two modes of operation, one for force feedback titles, and one that mimicks an analog stick and triggers.

Comment

Originally posted by tankplanker
            There is at least one force feedback wheel for the xbox:

but very few games actually support it, I think only Sega GT?
            I wondererd if there were _any_ Xbox force feedback wheels.

Anyone know if PGR2, R:RE and Burnout 2 support this? I've been buying the GameCube version of racers recently because of the cheap Logitech wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by tankplanker
              http://www.gameseek.co.uk/productdetail/XboxEU1IMXK2C9CQW8Q1/
              ?35 at Amazon, not too bad:

check the review though; poor reliability.

Theres a whole bunch of licensed wheels, don't know if any of the others support Force Feedback:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/proracer.htm (Lotus Pro)

Comment

Working...
              X