Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these hori sticks is best please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which of these hori sticks is best please?

Any advice from people who have tried various hori sticks much appreciated:

This website is for sale! gamechoiceclub.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, gamechoiceclub.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

I'm pretty sure that the Tekken 4 & SC2 sticks are identical (apart from the graphics, natch) - both are excellent quality.

The VF sticks are supposed to be good, but if you want a general all-purpose stick, you might as well go for one of the 6 button ones

Comment

Well, if you intend to play numerous games using the stick (Psyvariar, Tekken, SCII etc), then I'd go for either the Tekken 4 or the SCII one. Either way, your getting a quality stick.

Comment

I don't have either, but giving the choice I would go for the Tekken 4 Hori stick over the SC2 one. The Tekken 4 one has the main controller buttons in a square-shape, ie.

Sq Tr R1
        X O L1

whereas the SC2 one has them as:

Sq Tr O
        X L1 R1

In my opinion, the Tekken 4 stick button config is more versatile. For SC2, on the defualt setting, R1 is kick anyway (as well as O) -so the Tekken 4 stick will be good for SC2 without changing the controls.

Comment

How would the X-Arcade stick (http://www.x-arcade.com/) compare to these?

I really want an arcade stick I can use on all consoles (this does it) and I want it to be the best quality available. This one has 2 player support, and isn't covered in graphics that'll get on my nerves after a while (IMO these special edition sticks are comparable to having DragonBall Z wallpaper or something - not my thing).

What are your opinions on the quality of this compared to the SCII or other fighting sticks??

Comment

Has anyone tried the VF 4 evo or Guilty gear XX sticks listed furthur down the page?

Comment

I utterly dislike the xarcade stick, both for having the most absurd button layout (straight lines? o_o) and the teardrop shaped stick (I can never get used to those). Plus, it's expensive. I think you'd be better off with a Hori PS stick, and adapters to consoles of your choice.

Comment

I would not go for the Virtua fighter stick - its made only for that game - some of the common buttons are stuck at the top of it and are tiny - no good for all round use.

Comment

http://members.cox.net/ctwentytwo/jo...lder/index.htm this might be of some interest?

Comment

The inner assembly of all Hori stick (infact MOST Japanese sticks) are identical. The template used for the button layout (which curves to suit your fingers) is an industry standard used for both arcade and home units.

Sticks like that AWFUL Xarcade thing are not worth bothering with. The stick itself has far too much overplay and the buttons are in a straight line - which is just completely stupid. When will these idiots realise that human fingers are not all the same length along the hand????

As it currently stands, the only arcade sticks worth your cash are Japanese and mostly by Hori or ASCii.

Comment

The best ever Hori joystick was the Super Famicom version.
                      I punished that joystick so much and it never gave in and the buttons felt so large in a flat way.
                      Never seen a joystick made as good since then...

Comment

Here is a pic of the Hori Super Famicom Fighting Stick...

Comment

I have that very joystick, my first Hori

The best sfc/snes stick by far. Its still minty in the box

The sold metal casing is beautiful.

Comment

You wanna sell that Hori Fighting Stick joystick to me mate?

Comment

Sorry fella, I never sell anything... apart from duplicates, and even then hardly ever. Besides, its on the other side of the country atm

I didn't realise you'd sold yours. How much did you pay for it originally? Mine was ?65 from Shekhana on Tottenham Court Road about 92/93, which was a bit of a con I think.

Great sticks though, eh? The latest plastic efforts don't even come close. Shame the buttons were leaf instead of micro-switched, I'd be scared to use it now.

Comment

Working...
                              X