X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XBOX monitor question

hi all

have recently got the digital x progresive scan monitor lead ie VGA box

it sayes the on the instructions that you need to change the video mode to progressive on a normal TV first because US xboxes dont out put progressive dashboard..

however on my normal tv it dont show any option to do so only viewing picture-normal.letterbox and widescreen

So Im thinking the xbox picks up the "potential" of the TV and displays the progreesive option depending on how advanced it is.

Im sure a widescreen that a friends got gave this option however it recently broke down

So doesnt anyone knoiw a solution or a button combitnation through the menus to activate progressive when its plugged into the monitor?

All help greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much

When you connect up the official HDTV leads, an option in the dashboard becomes available allowing you to select 480p, 720p etc. Even a PAL xbox will do this, if you've switched the display region to NTSC.

I'm assuming your lead will work in the same fashion.

Comment

hi,

You have to do it the blind way. What you need is to activate the 480p option in the dashboard. The problem is that the option is just available when you have the vga box connected (or the HDTV pack), but when you have it connected you can?t see the dashboard........... So:

Turn on your xbox with the vga and do exactly this:

A(if you have evolution-x), Down, A, Down,Down,Down, A, Down, A, Left and A. After that, turn off/on your xbox and now you have 480p enabled.

(if you don't have evolution-x)Down, A, Down,Down,Down, A, Down, A, Left, A. Then restart your xbox and welcome to a new world of visual quality

You may have to adjust some the pressings if you have Xbox live in your dashboard, but the idea is the same, you are turning on 480p in your dashboard blindly using the digital-x transcoder. You cannot turn on 480p in a normal TV connected to a scart from your Xbox as only in HDTV you can do this.

I just hope you to enjoy your awesome VGA!!!!!

Comment

yep works...

am currently enjoying a game of PDO with breath taking VGA visuals...

thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by Super Stu
          When you connect up the official HDTV leads, an option in the dashboard becomes available allowing you to select 480p, 720p etc. Even a PAL xbox will do this, if you've switched the display region to NTSC.
          I thought you had to hack the eeprom to change the region as well? If I can just use the Enigmah video changing disk I'll have to give it a go

Comment

Osith

How much did it cost you and how long did it take to arrive?

Comment

plow king,

i have this VGA box since January, and it cost about ?50ish from digital-x. another maker Kgasper is a little bit cheaper but the time from ordering till delivery is much longer than digital-x's. average is 3 weeks. from Kgasper probably 4 weeks. not sure now, but check it out. Kgasper VGA box has 480p and 720p available. digital-x is only able to output 480p.

there are now some native VGA hacks available on the xbox, but you need to have a chipped xbox, a firmware from Pixel8 and a special cable to you VGA. but not sure if you can risk your xbox if you want xbox live in the future.

hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks for that aegen.

Comment

Working...
                X