Bubble Bobble for Saturn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bubble Bobble for Saturn

I know Bubbly Symphony was released in Japan (only) but can't seem to find any information on the conversion of the original game (the one that came with Rainbow Islands) being released there.

Was it a US/Euro only release?

Oh, and is the conversion any good?

I don't think the PSX enjoyed a Japanese release, so it's possible.

Comment

It's an absolutely spot-on conversion! I have the PAL version (now located somewhere in the loft)

Comment

If I remember correctly, the main complaint about the Saturn and Playstation BB/RI was that you couldn't save high scores.

Comment

Originally posted by C'
          I know Bubbly Symphony was released in Japan (only) but can't seem to find any information on the conversion of the original game (the one that came with Rainbow Islands) being released there.

Was it a US/Euro only release?

Oh, and is the conversion any good?
          The Saturn version of Bobble Bubble/Rainbow islands was not released in Japan to my knowledge? Definately came out in UK/Euro & possibly the US? Tho im not certain of that

But the games are absoloutely FANTASTIC
          Regardless of the inablility to save scores

Comment

The Saturn version definitely came out in the US. You should be able to spot it on this picture. (On the left of the PCE Duo. Half-way concealed by the Mega Drive games. Only US Saturn game I have)

Comment

Are you after it on the saturn ??

Only reason i ask is that a m8 of mine is selling his !

His version is PAL

Comment

Thanks, but when I do get it it will be the US version probably. In fact got my eye on one already

Comment

I can confirm that Bubble Bobble never came out in Japan on either format. Which is a shame. ft:

As another note as Taito lost the original code for Bubble Bobble (days before emulatation) the Saturn and PSX versions were based on the Atari ST version...

Comment

Originally posted by MD

As another note as Taito lost the original code for Bubble Bobble (days before emulatation) the Saturn and PSX versions were based on the Atari ST version...
                    Lost as in misplaced?

Comment

Lost as in thrown out.

Comment

The saturn bubble bobble and rainbow islands on a 60htz machine is

Comment

Working...
                        X