14" Television recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14" Television recommendations?

While my nice 28" widescreen does a fine job with everything, UK or US, that I throw at it, I've come to the conclusion that a little 14" job would make sense to get as well, so I can still play stuff when my wife continues her newfound addiction to Animal Crossing (Thanks Lewden) or indeed watches Grand Home SOS Doctor.

Obviously, I'll be needing an RGB Scart input, an S-Video would be nice as well (otherwise its off to hunt the Blaze PS2 Scart) and the ability to cope with PAL 50, PAL 60 and NTSC. Any ideas? I guess Sony is a good place to start.

edit - oh, and if those frankly groovy 16" 16x9 TVs are a sensible price now that would be even cooler, but I doubt they are.

Sony's KV 14 ** is a safe bet. Had mine for years and it still works and plays everything from anywhere.

Comment

Recently I've been using this 15inch tv and the picture quality is better then the 32inch sony downstairs http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/produc...ode=TOS-15V11B

Comment

nice - its a small TV with 2 SCARTs. Right, now to find one in a shop for a decent price, as being in to collect delivery from Empire is a nightmare...

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroRisk
          Sony's KV 14 ** is a safe bet. Had mine for years and it still works and plays everything from anywhere.
          Are either or both SCARTs RGB enabled?

Comment

I'm fairly sure the one on the Sony KV is, as a friend has one that I vastly improved the picture quality on by switching the DVD to RGB mode. As for the Tosh, I've no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
              Are either or both SCARTs RGB enabled?
              Has anyone come across a TV that does have more than one Scart RGB enable, neither of my sony's have nor does my mates toshiba Widescreen Monster. Please post if you have

Comment

Mine is an Hitachi WS 28" with 2 RGB scart and 1 S-video scart.

Comment

Well, in the end I got rather carried away in the shop and bought a 15.1" LCD job from LG. Sure its ridiculously expensive, and the picture quality isn't that hot either on LCDs yet either (not to mention that I'm now kicking myself for going PAL with my Cube and ruling out progressive), but the darn thing is so light and thin that I can cart it around the house from PC room (it doubles as a monitor that does have really good picture quality, for some reason) to living room (where its small enough to sit on the coffee table) to bedroom and library.

I also had to stop myself from getting carried away at the rather nice 42" Samsung Plasma that they had for only ?3000 as well, but thats another story.

Comment

Wish I could stop myself from spending ?3000....

Comment

Working...
                    X