No announcement yet.

Playstation 1 NTSC vs PAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesn't matter which console you get, PAL or NTSC, they both play the same as long as your console is modded. So on a PAL ps1, the NTSC games will run exactly as they are meant to.

I would get a mod chip over a boot disc because it's less hassle, and doesn't cost much anyway, though if you are concerned about warranty, then get a boot disc.

NTSC games are always better. Most PAL games are bordered and slow. Any time you have a choice, get NTSC. I've never run into a PAL game that included a 60hz option.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow_Zero

PAL or NTSC? :P
      Yes

Again, don't do that direct quote thing, it's pretty annoying!

Comment

@Iostn: Ok! But the only 2 games now don't have black borders, but that may still be the minority

@Valken: Sorry! Hard to get rid of habbits ^^;

Comment

It really just depends how much you care about borders...

When it comes to older stuff I can get cheaply I personally don't care. If borders bother you then you'll be mostly unhappy with a PAL PlayStation but the same can be said of almost all PAL consoles.

If you really want to be safe then always get NTSC machines.

Comment

The console isn't the issue anymore. I've brought my PSone to a Gameshop who's busy modding it. I kinda hoped they were done by now, but I guess I'll just have to wait a bit longer.
            So it's really about the games itself.
            And personally I think it's worth to play those Square Soft classics in their best form. I don't want to relive the horror of the SNES days haha!

But like I said, I'm more a Nintendo follower and know barely anything of the Playstation. You say the PAL versions basically suck, so I'll believe that and go for the NTSC versions of the games.
            I might not care for other games, but the likes of Final Fantasy 6 and all I do

Comment

If you have a Pal console that is modded then I would say always buy ntsc games if you want it to run as it was originally intended, except for any dance or rhythm games where the timiing can be out making them much harder to play.

Comment

Working...
              X