No announcement yet.

GameCube Pro-Logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the input guys, I think it must be my scart lead too. Unfortunately my television doesn't have seperate phono outputs so I have to do it the way I am.

Originally posted by RLench
    It sounds like a faulty scart lead IMO. Is it the one with the audio-out plugs attached to the scart head?
    Yes it is mate.

I am going to buy the official lead and route the sound through my switch box's phono outputs and see what happens.

Thanks again guys. 8)

Comment

If you have composite on your tele, then put the yellow (video cable) into your tv, and the red and white cables into the back of your amp, select aux, listen mode to pick prologic and it should work. Im using a panasonic Q and a similar 5.1 system to yours but get prologic sounds.

The difference between pro logic and pro logic 2 is that pro logic 2 is more like 5.1 where both the rear speakers are seperate, normal prologic has both rear speakers play the same sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Sack
        If you have composite on your tele, then put the yellow (video cable) into your tv, and the red and white cables into the back of your amp, select aux, listen mode to pick prologic and it should work. Im using a panasonic Q and a similar 5.1 system to yours but get prologic sounds.

The difference between pro logic and pro logic 2 is that pro logic 2 is more like 5.1 where both the rear speakers are seperate, normal prologic has both rear speakers play the same sounds.
        Thanks for the idea mate, but I'm a little picky about my cables and don't like using anything less than RGB scart. I have a new lead on the way so I will let yo all know if it sorts it out.

Comment

ft:

New cable arrived today and same thing happens! So it must be something to do with my television, as it's as soon as I plug in the scart to the television the sound converts back from Pro-Logic to Mono. The fact that my television is Mono does that have anything to do with it? Even though I am routing the sound via seperate cables from the scart lead could it still effect it?

The television I am using is this one;

Comment

Can you not use a SCART splitter with it's own audio out -> your amp?

(all your consoles connected to the SCART splitter via RGB SCART, a SCART to SCART from the splitter to your TV and 1 set of phonos from the splitter to your amp)

Comment

Aye, that's what I assume most people do

The Argos splitter has what you need, it's a brilliant piece of kit.

Comment

Seems to me that your TV is probably shorting the left and right channels together when you plug the scart cable into it.

Lots of possible reasons for this, the most probable one would be it's a badly designed TV, with only one speaker, and the cheap-skate designer saved 1p by not using a couple of resistors to sum the L and R channels, but just wired them together. It could be a fault inside the TV, but I doubt it.

Should be a doddle to fix though;
                open up the scart connector (usually just unscrew the collar thing, and then prise open the plastic housing.)
                cut the wire going to pin 2 (right audio input)
                insulate the ends of the wire with a couple of bits of sellotape.
                close it all up.

hth,
                GD

Comment

yeah it could well be that...

try turning on the GC with everything hooked up but dont plug the scart into the telly. then, using your powers of perception start a game and then see if the amp is outputting pro-logic or not. remember to press the 'listen mode' button on the amp's remote control 'till it says this.

it could work, then you'd know if your telly is wired as guiddruid detailed.

sorry i just saw Zatoichi and it gave me this idea

Comment

billy_dimashq, he already did...
                    Originally posted by Moonwalker
                    If I turn on the GC without having pluged in the scart into my tele, my speakers will output the sound as Pro-Logic, but as soon as I plug the GC scart into my tele, it reverts back to mono sound
                    ...which is why I posted
                    ;o)

gd

Comment

Working...
                    X