Saturn Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn Questions

OK, my Saturn is screwed and I need a new one.

I have a few PAL games but would be interested in getting an NTSC Saturn this time around to play them on. If used in conjuction with an ST-Key or similar import loading cartridge would the video output for my PAL games on an NTSC console be in 50 or 60hz?

Also does anyone know where I could get an NTSC Saturn (or modded PAL one), as well as the needed cartridge?

Thanks!

PAL games will display in 60Hz on an import Saturn in conjuction with a cartridge converter.

You can get the carts at places like Lik-Sang or eBay. You can get a console from forums or eBay(shops are pricey). You could also get a PAL Saturn and get someone to mod it for you, I'm pretty sure Saurian will do it

Comment

Theres two different mods, and they're both pretty easy to do, if Saurian doesn't do them, Yoda on Rllmuk does.

One allows region switching, pal/us/jap, the other is a 50/60hz switch.

You can also just do a mod for 50/60hz and use a converter for playing imports, but if you're opening it up to do one mod you may as well do the other.

Comment

My method integrates the switch functions:

So one switch will be PAL/NTSC and the other ENG/JPN

PAL + ENG = UK
        NTSC + ENG = US
        NTSC + JPN + Japan

After booting in the correct region you can use the videomode switch any time.

Comment

Saurian, do u mean that once you have turned on the console in a particular region u can then change between 50Hz and 60Hz? If so, i think my saturn may have been modded in this way, although no-one explained that i could switch between 50/60Hz. Is there anyway i can tell for certain my saturn was modded this way? (I only have 2 switches at the back on the RHS of the console and i did actually ask for a region mod AND 50/60Hz mod). Any help would be gratefully appreciated. Mr.Woo

Comment

Yeah that's right if the machine has a 50/60hz switch installed - you will be able to select whichever mode you like at any time once you have booted in the correct region for the game you are playing. A full region + videomode mod only requires 2 switches.

Also the reset button will apply any region changes made while the machine is on.

Comment

Working...
            X