Lik-Sang.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lik-Sang.com

How come you have to pay cash on delivery shipping as well as their shipping charges..And i dont remember reading anything about having to do this with their website..

Was the cash for customs and import, or for shipping?

Comment

Freight Import Vat
      And various surcharges

Was it just a luck thing?

Comment

Edit - oops double post

Comment

Freight I'm surprised about. Import and VAT I'm not. Sometimes you can get lucky and not have to pay, and sometimes what you've ordered is cheaper than the minimum they can charge on, but generally you'll have to fork out for import and VAT.

Comment

okay thanks for the info.
            i was just a bit annoyed when i thought paying the shipping on the site was the end of it.Ah well

Comment

hi,

depending on the item you have ordered, you might be able to avoid import duties etc. if you use the airmail option. i have tried this before using UPS delivery option but when i recieved it i had to pay the UPS guy nearly ?20 for tax. when i used airmail, i recieved it through Royal Mail thus no extra fee. but it does take 1 week in airmail, while UPS takes about 3 days. so it depends which one you'll choose, you pay less through airmail and wait for a week, or you pay more and extra using UPS but takes 3 business days.

then again, maybe the extra fee is used for decontamination of your order from the SARS virus.....

Comment

yeah, i dunno, i used ups cause it seemed cheaper and faster...maybe that was why.
                If i ever use 'em again (obviously have to make it a big order to be worth the shipping) i'll use the airmail option

Comment

If you use UPS or some of the others they may charge a "brokerage charge", so you are better off choosing the the cheapest one which i think is Airmail or Global Priority, not sure.

Also if your goods are say under the value of ?50, you would probably get away with VAT and import duty. For example i bought Ikaragu, way back for ?42 and used airmail, and didn't have to pay any import tax or VAT. I've heard of some ppl ordering 2 games thus, value of goods= ?80 approx, and had to pay nothing.

Comment

Working...
                  X