Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do some folks dislike Canadian games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do some folks dislike Canadian games?

Just a quick query, why do people go to such lengths to state their games are US rather than Canadian? Is it just the french writing or am I missing something?

Just the occasionaly French writing on the boxes which put people off. I buy Canadian games all the time, and only a minority has french on them (not that it bothers me anyway).

Comment

It's simply that some people don't like having English and French text crammed onto the boxart. I don't really mind it, but on the other hand when it comes to NTSC-J games I prefer to get the Japanese version rather than the Korean or Asian versions.

Comment

it's only 1st party games that have french on them isn't it?

Comment

Some still state US when they're actually Canadian

I'm one that likes to go for US versions - the whole reason I imported GBA games was because I disliked the thick EU ones which contained 5 pages of englsh info and the rest was waste. The US GBA games tend to have more useful info in them, are neat and compact and in colour - call me picky if you want but whatever.

Likewise with US v Canadian GC games. US FF:CC had more useful info than the Canadian version. The Canadian version had pages absent with regards to character breakdowns whilst the US copy had them in.

Comment

Working...
          X