Are XBox game saves region free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are XBox game saves region free?

I'm waiting for my US copy of Pandora Tomorrow to crawl across the Atlantic at the moment. G-Funk is selling me a PAL copy so I can play in the meantime (which I've already agreed to pass on to someone else at the price it cost me once my US copy arrives).

My question is: Will my game save from the PAL copy work with my US version when this arrives? If not, I don't want to spend any time playing through the single player game as I'll lose all my progress.

They have been region free in the past when I have cross-regioned the same game, i guess it will be a nice surprise (or not) for you! 8)

Comment

I've no idea about SCPT but I do know that Halo saves are universal.

Comment

That's what I wanted to hear. Cheers guys!

Comment

Just out of intrest, Brats, is there any reason that you're getting the US version over the PAL one? I heard they were identical and region-free (although I might be wrong)

In any case, I'll take that PAL one, if you want

Comment

The PAL one is already spoken for I'm afraid.

I ordered the US one ages ago. It was released three days before the PAL version. By the time the PAL one was out and I knew it was region free, my US copy had shipped.

Comment

Ah yes. The pre-order of doom... I know ye well.

Comment

Most xbox game saves are universal but there are the odd few that are region specific.

I have one of those 32mb memory usb x-key thingys to transfer game saves from the PC to the Xbox and usually if a PAL region specific one doesnt exist the US one will work.

If the game is region free itself its a fare bet the game save is the same though...

Comment

I reckon the splinter cell save will be fine seeing that the game is multi region

Comment

In answer to the question of why US games rather than PAL in most cases for me its because of prog scan support on US title (mostly 480p or i sometime 720 or even higher)
                    This game howether doesn't seem to support 480 outta the box which is slightly odd.
                    oh well

Comment

most are, ive downloaded loads of us saves via action replay and all work fine

Comment

Working...
                      X