Loading games to a xbox hard drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loading games to a xbox hard drive

I just got a new 120GB modded xbox and I wanted to take advantage of this by putting a few of my favourite games on the hard drive so I wouldn't have to keep taking them out of their boxes

Now the older stuff just copies over with dvd2xbox tool, however stuff like GTA3 copies over, but once on the HD won't play back..... can anyone tell me how to do this? Do I need to upgrade the bios somehow, or use a different HDD loader? I am using the latest v0.55 dvd2xbox

some help would be great! 8)

two of the best apps are Compex tools and HDD Loader take a look over at xboxscene.

hdd loader just rips game complex tools can deal with other things etc

Comment

You should have HDD Loader on your machine mate, its under dvd2xbox, called Px HDD Loader.

That will work fine.

I take it you got your Xbox ok then?

Comment

Yes got the xbox yesterday, great job modding it, would recommend you to all (see feedback)

I have tried px loader and dvd2xbox, neither seem to do the trick in making GTA3 play back off my hd, stuff like Halo rips easily though

any ideas?

Comment

I have the newer dvd2xbox (0.55) and I've not had any problems with the newer games (ninja gadien was the last one i put onto my HD), BUT I don't have the GTA pack (already have them for PS2). I suggest you try updating that to the latest version.

Failing that, a trip to the xbox-scene forums and a quick search should point you in the direction of any patches that you might need to manually add.

Comment

Hi. Does GTA3 not load at all, or does it crash when loading initially?

if it doesn't load at all, maybe your chip bios is a bit old? does it reboot to the dashboard when you try to load it? if it reboots, turn off the evox TSR in the evox settings (found this works for topspin, havent tried with gta)

if it crashes during loading, apparently this is to do with your xbox clock not being set properly. post or PM mate and i'll do a bit more research. sorry i can't be more help at the mo'

you see, i have the GTA pack and it works off my hdd. it used to crash during loading so i just set the xbox clock to the correct time and it works fine now. i dont know why it has this problem but it does. do you have any other recent games to try, like ninja gaiden or similar?

Comment

As an update to my post, I have since got "complex tools" working, initially I couldn't as there is a bug in the .ini file..... anyhow it does what pxLoader should do but works on all my games that I wanted to load on - now I never need to leave the sofa! Great!! 8)

Comment

Working...
              X