Probs with latest NG emus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probs with latest NG emus

Just thought i'd dig out the latest emus for Neo Geo see how they fare now days - so got the latest version of WinKawaks, only few games worked were recognised - Also tried Neo Rage X but it crashed each time in XP (done the properties change OS thing) no luck. Tried an older version of NRX loaded this time, few more games were recognised.

Tried Nebula, dont recnise any at all? Seems that one emu recognises a game and doesnt on another.

Also, the latest MAME32, no more NG support?

Had no probs at all running games on MAME and NRX before (few yrs back), anyone having probs running these days too?

Nothing except Neo Rage X will work with the romsets you have if they are the NRX versions, since NRX cheated and used dodgy incomplete romsets and basically bodged the emulation.

Comment

neoragex doesn't need to be updated with regards to newer games as the theory is it should emulate everything. Mame needs drivers for every single game or else it won't support it...

NeorageX 0.8 works fine with XP (havent checked up on it since then as I play all my emus on my xbox now...)

As for specific games working with specific emus, bear in mind that Mame dumps seem to be different to NeorageX ones (i think mame ones work with kawaks but unsure). Maybe the dumps you have are for NeorageX, as I doubt mame/neoragex dumps are interchangeable

Comment

NeorageX 0.8 works fine with XP (havent checked up on it since then as I play all my emus on my xbox now...)
        Ic ic, cool - so how well does NG run on Xbox then?

Comment

winkawaks has been ported, and mighty-fine it is too if i must say so myself. i've been using emus ever since my dad downloaded genecyst, snes9x and esnes (yonks ago i can assure you) and showed me mariokart running without the track graphics (hadnt been nemulated yet)

the xbox version of kawaks is called Kawa-X and it's nice with all the typical graphics filters and whatnot. you can also play NG games with mame but I wouldn't bother as it's not very nice and besides, Mame is bulky with lots of drivers (Mame is now split with one version for standard arcade and another for NG/CPS1/CPS2 games). Besides, Kawa-X now ustilises virtual memory so you can load any size game you want, despite the xbox's 64mb ram. any emu that doesnt use virtual memory wont load, for example, kof98 upwards (or kof97 upwards - can't remember)

so far from what I've seen (or have), it seems only N64 and PSOne emulation on xbox is really a bit naff. 2D stuff works great (even Killer Instinct) except for Mortal Kombat 2 (probably 3 as well - MK1 works great)

Comment

Aha, nice cheers for that. I've sorted out the problem it seems - i've checked the NGRageX Config settings file, it seems that the roms are different names - so i've just simply renamed the zip files to match them, and hey presto its picked them up!

Another prob tho, the names of the roms in the config file aren't all there, it starts of with a number followed by the title i.e (224654,burningf.zip) some are just a number, which i assume only when its recognised the proper filename of the zip will then show up - anyone has the list of filenames for the zips? i'll just need to rename them!

Cheers!

Update: No worries seems they all sorted now,

Comment

Working...
            X