Thanks

No sorry i have
    never actually visited
    new york so i can
    not answer your question

Comment

I've just come back, so these are the ones i visited:

Game Stop
      Corner of 44th St & 6th Avenue - there was another on 34th Street (nr broadway i think) - Good choice of second hand and new games

Circuit City + Toys'r'us
      Union Square 14th St Broadway
      Both a good source of new games. GBA games $29.99

Toys'r'us Times Sq 42nd st, same prices as other one but has a big wheel instore $2.50 per ride.

There is meant to be a shopping arcade underneath Trump Tower, but i did'nt get time to look (corner of 56th street west 5th avenue).

There are many other electrical stores selling games but watch out, prices are not always what they seem.

All purchases in NY are also subject to a 8.250% tax, New Jersey has a tax of 3%(or so), so if your spending a fortune. Catch the Path train to NJ.

Also a great way to get around is the Subway, it may look run down but its safe and quick. Buy a Metrocard for $17 (rising to $21 May 6) for 7 days travel (can only be used every 20mins), great value. Oh and dont buy food from the street vendors (My mate lives in NJ and he's told me the conditions their carts are left in !!)

Enjoy !!!!!!!

Comment

Isn't Tronix based in NY.

Comment

It is, but Tronix doesn't have a retail outlet side to their business, they literally work out of an Office packing up games to be sent out ( so they say ).

Comment

I was expecting
            Your post to be a haiku
            Sadly it was not

Comment

Sir Epistaxis
              Your verse was impeccable
              A perfect haiku

Comment

Poor Trev is still stuck on his DC, I think.

Comment

I think Game Stop also did imports. When I was last in NYC they had GBA import stuff in but if you are looking for bargains in NYC forget it. The local sales tax puts things into around the same price as UK prices.

Virgin Megastore on Times Square also has games and DVD's.

Neil.

Comment

Sorry, got no info on shops, but if you'd care to bring back a copy of "Lode Runner" for the PSOne, and the Marx Bros. "Duck Soup" on DVD, then I can guarantee that I'll buy 'em from you

Hope you have a good trip, NY is on my wish list of places to visit before I die...

Comment

I was in NYC in February. My time was mostly spent boozing, gigging, record shopping and clambering over 3ft high piles of snow. I didn't really find anything too decent in terms of gaming stores. All the second hand stuff was pretty expensive - usually only $5 cheaper than new - and NY sales tax does tend to take the shine off what might otherwise have been a bargain. The best I could manage was $18 for FIFA 2003 on GC (yes, I know), and $15 each for mint sealed copies of Final Fantasy Legend I & II on Gameboy.

I'm still trying to work out why I didn't pay $40 for that Nick Drake vinyl I saw in Bleecker Bob's. Idiot.

Comment

thanks for the address's
                        guys i think ill visit
                        game stop first.

yeah stu still stuck on the
                        DC

Comment

Working...
                        X