NO MY PS2 HAS OFFICIALLY DIED HELP...well its crippled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NO MY PS2 HAS OFFICIALLY DIED HELP...well its crippled

damn it... the ps2 making a nasty clicking sound before so when i took the LOTR dvd out and tried to load a game...it didnt...or it took its bloody time to load!!

need to know a place that will put in a new laser for me...and now i cant return it sony...as yes...it has been modded.

Mine died a while back. I wouldnt load music CD's or the CD based games (the purple ones, not the silver DVDs). Eventually I got so fed up with it not loading Half Life and Quake III that I phoned up Sony and got them to give me a replacement. If yours is still under warranty then you should be able to do that. Otherwise, I'm afraid I can't really help you.

edit: Bollocks. Just read all of you post. Getting a replacement from Sony won't happen now. No way will they take a modded machine back. Sorry.

Comment

Apparently, your best bet is getting a new laser fitted. There are people around who can do that for you.

There is another solution (which I used) but apparently it's not the best one.

Comment

I knew no good will come out of me chipping my ps2! ft:

so thats it then...

whats the solution you were on about, as it doesnt matter to me know that my ps2 is knackered.

Comment

why so little response??

is talking about modded machines not allowed on these boards

Comment

why so little response??

is talking about modded machines not allowed on these boards
            Because it's in the wrong forum?

*Edit* WTF am I on?!?! I really should open my eyes before posting. I feel such an:

*Not mine, before you ask.

Comment

What version is your PS2 mate?

Comment

You could try this. Boot up your PS2 without a disc and and let the browser menu open. When on the main menu press triangle. Move up and highlight Console. Once there, press trianlge again. Then turn Diagnosis from Off to On. This may sort out your problem as it focuses the laser onto the disc a lot more. It's already help me run things that I've been having problems getting to work.

Comment

Originally posted by jassi singh
                  I knew no good will come out of me chipping my ps2! ft:

so thats it then...

whats the solution you were on about, as it doesnt matter to me know that my ps2 is knackered.
                  How has chipping your machine damaged the laser? The modchip will not cause damage to a PS2 laser, running poor quality media on your machine will however. You will need a replacement drive - dont blame the modchip for causing this error because it blatantly hasnt. Your laser was most likely on the way out anyway b4 you got your machine modded - it's a common fault. Older PS2s DO suffer form drive problems this is a well known problem.

Let us know the model number of the machine and we can advise you, throwing a tantrum at us and blaiming random people will get you nowhere.

All you had to say was: I have a xxxx series PS2 and the drive has stopped working. Can you tell me how to solve this? And you would have had links and info quickly.

Comment

just get another PS2. Its not worth the hassle of repairing. Thats what i did. I need to get round to chipping it though, so i can ironically play PAL games

Comment

Working...
                    X