Remember the Saturn article in Edge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember the Saturn article in Edge?

And how some people on here (if I recall correctly) said it was similar to something else on the web? Obviously we lost the stuff back on the old boards... so anyone care to furnish a link to said site of inspiration for this article? Someone has asked me about it due to a comment I made on a different board...
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

I complained it read like a reworded cut and paste from www.atani-software.com/segabase/

I thought the whole collection feature had the wrong focus. What I'd find appealing is a decent paragraph on what each of the games themselves a were like because I'll never get to play them. What you end up getting is a history of the console hardware which isn't half as interesting.

Comment

I wish I had read this article - anyone happen to have a scan or anything of that nature?

Comment

Originally posted by Molloy
        I complained it read like a reworded cut and paste from www.atani-software.com/segabase/
        I'm getting a "website not there" error from it... ah should be NET not COM

Comment

Yeah. And their guides of what the rarest/most expensive games are are criminal.

The only value you should care about is the entertainment value you'll wring out of a game!

Comment

I have now found out why said friend wanted to know about my comment... he helped edit the Saturn article on Segabase

He hasn't seen the Edge thing but will be going off to investigate hencewith...

Comment

Originally posted by Burai
              Yeah. And their guides of what the rarest/most expensive games are are criminal.

The only value you should care about is the entertainment value you'll wring out of a game!
              That was my attitude as well. They write a little 20 word summary of the game telling you how the print run was small and don't tell you if its worth playing for more than 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                I have now found out why said friend wanted to know about my comment... he helped edit the Saturn article on Segabase

He hasn't seen the Edge thing but will be going off to investigate hencewith...
                Well it does say on the front page of the site to feel free to loot the site - maybe thats what they did though of course they should have acknowleged it if they ripped it off.

Comment

Beautifully put - & rarely complied with

Comment

But it's a Collectors series. Not a 'Best Of' article. Collecting games and playing games are two different things. The people they talk to about collectable titles probably have half their games still in the original factory seal. Whether or not that's the sort of article they should be featuring, the fact that they talk about the rare and expensive titles is due to their decision to discuss the collectable, rather than necessarily the playable. I personally find it very interesting, especially as so many of that sort of title are games most people won't have ever heard of. It's a different approach, a different angle on the industry than that which we are used to. Just discussing the best titles from a retro console each month would be the same as having a couple of pages of mini retro reviews... which wouldn't be half as interesting imo.

Comment

Working...
                    X