Mono / Stereo Sound on Xbox (Halo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mono / Stereo Sound on Xbox (Halo)

A few months ago I played Halo on a surround sound set for the first time and was astonished to hear the 'Heartbeat' in the game, also the larger aliens (elites) talking in addition to the smaller ones (Grunts) - He called me a "Stupid piece of crap !"

Anyways back on my mono set I realised I had the xbox setup for stereo and so changed the settings to Mono hoping I can recapture all the sounds I was getting in Stereo through the single channel. Despite completing a couple of levels and creating a new game I still cant get this to work

Is it the extra sounds are only output in stereo or do only certain aliens talk at certain times etc ?

Of all people you would think I would be the one to know this but alas not

Have you tried it in stereo wearing headphones? You can always hear so many tiny little effects and sounds when you're wearing headphones, maybe you're just missing them in the mishmash of other sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by vertigo
      Have you tried it in stereo wearing headphones? You can always hear so many tiny little effects and sounds when you're wearing headphones, maybe you're just missing them in the mishmash of other sounds.
      Well it was clear as day on the Stereo TV but no noise on the mono.

Anyone else ?

Comment

I played Halo through on my mono-TV the first time and no, you don't hear the heartbeat or the bigger Aliens talking.

I'm playing through the second time now just because the sound is so amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by superkully
          I played Halo through on my mono-TV the first time and no, you don't hear the heartbeat or the bigger Aliens talking.

Did you have it setup in Mono when you played on the Mono TV ?

Comment

Originally posted by kamaran
            Originally posted by superkully

Did you have it setup in Mono when you played on the Mono TV ?
            Yes.

Comment

Working...
            X